Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 3: Fallout

BBs

First Post
Laura still skeptical about the room but then decides "Well I guess this is a safe enough room for two unconscious people" She uses her own super speed to catch up around the corner to witness the brawl, and joins in.

OOC: Should be fast enough to join in the fight, going to just punch and drain the lizard man. If not fast enough then I'll just catch up.

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

Frost follows up with a blast of freezing cold against the lizard. He didn't seem to like it the first time.

[sblock=OOC]

Cold Blast (PA 2) (1d20+9=24) vs dodge. The toughness DC should be 28.

----

Frost

HP 3

conditions: fine

defenses:
DODGE 7
PARRY 7
FORTITUDE 10
TOUGHNESS 15 (15 Impervious)
WILL 9

Immunity (aging, hunger & thirst, poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Ah HA!" Uomo exclaims, before slicing at the lizard man again. "You better surrender my friend, before you are not able to speak anymore!"

Sword power Attack 2: 28 dc 26.

Voidrazor

First Post
Seeing Laura charge by him at incredible speed, Enoch grins with an idea. "More the merrier right?" The teen continues to push his Poison Idea into the defender's minds, twisting the illusion to add more superhuman assailants and to slightly shift the apparent positions of the real mutants.

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra was taken aback by the suddenness of everything, and was decidedly late to the party. She ran after Laura but her powers did nothing to speed her up, since there wasn't room to 'surf' on anything. Once in sight though, she had options.

There weren't many things around to throw, but that was less of an issue than people thought. There'd once been a guy who'd tried to counter her powers by simply making sure the area was clean of litter. So she'd simply ripped up the walls and thrown that.

The air seemed to thicken slightly as she exerted her will, and there was a subtle vibration in the floor and up the load-bearing beams. Cracks suddenly spiderwebbed up the columns of concrete, and violently sundered the wood paneling and supports. Long jagged teeth of cracked timber and concrete whizzed through the air to orbit around Fulcrum's head and shoulders.

It was easier to aim that way.

With a succession of CRACKS like gunshots, her personal Oort cloud began to vanish...and the sudden plumes of dust from where they impacted near the mutants was a strong suggestion of where they were going!

(OOC - No idea if I'm up yet in init, but it shouldn't make any difference when I do this, and miraculously I'm able to get on without freezing for more than a few minutes. :) I'll add the dice rolls asap!)

Jemal

Adventurer
<Virtual World>
Genie, though unable to move, focuses and several more spiders crawl out of the firewall to join the swarm. As they approach the man, however, they slow, then stop, and then turn to flow over Grid! "Thanks for the pets, noob."

"NOO!" As the spiders swarm Grid, Genie screams and glares at Spyder, her hair flickering with flames as a roaring jet of fire reaches out from he wall to engulf him.

OOC: 1d20+20=23
Genie aids the team check but only enough for a +2, so total is 32.
1d20+25=39
Unfortunately, he resists, and will try them against you!
Attack (1d20+25=43)
oh wow, that was a high roll..
So DC 43 tech check vs Dazed/Stunned

Genie takes her action for next round independant of you this time, making an attack against him. I'm gonna just use my dice cuz all this Inv castle is taking too long.
She Hits with a 25, and he fails his toughness save by 2 degrees! Dazed and bruised.

<Real World>
[sblock=Init]
Enoch, Felix, Laura, Frost, Uomo, Bad guys, Cass
[/sblock]
Enoch continues to focus on the mutants brains, but something is off - he's never really tried on other mutants before, and they seem more capable of resisting his mental influence than normal people.

Laura rushes in and tries to deck the Lizard man, but he ducks under her punch and sweeps his tail at her feet, though she manages to jump over it as bolts of Ice fly in past her, impacting the lizardman and freezing against his shoulder.

Working around to the other side from Laura, Uomo's sword slices in at the lizard from the flank, drawing a deep gash in his side.

The Lizardman grabs at his injuries, eyes half-shut in pain, and Uomo recognizes the animal instict taking over as it lashes out, thrashing wildly, it's claws slicing up Uomo's forearm, but it fails to hit Laura. He also notices the creatures wounds slowly closing.

Meanwhile in the other room, Rocky rolls felix off him, standing up and grabbing the small feline by the throat he slams the catman through another wall, and the two of them fall back into the same room as the others.

Cass's assault comes next, and the chunks of wood and plaster pelt the area where the lizardman is, but when the smoke clears a second later, the lizard is now sticking to the ceiling unharmed, having avoided the assault.

OOC:
VR - Both rocky and Lizard make the will save vs Poison Idea, with a 24 and 22 respectively. (Yes, rocky rolled high)
BBS - Rolled a miss for your attack, but also a miss for his reactionary attack to being charged (Which I forgot against Uomo last round..)
WD - Fails toughness by 2 degrees, so dazed and a third bruise.
VV - Hit, it fails save by 2 degrees, fourth bruise but the daze doesn't stack.
Lizardman - Regens and multi-attacks, hitting Uomo (Rolled save vs DC 24, failed by 2 degrees*Bruised, dazed* unless you want to use a reroll)
Rocky - Unarmed attack vs Felix: Hits 23 parry. Fast Grab check: 24.
**Felix gets a 2 +7 = 9 Toughness (3 degrees: Staggered & Bruised), Rolled a 7 +10 dodge vs grab for 17. (2 degrees: Defenseless, Immobile, Impaired). May want to reroll something there, my dice hated you this round.
Shayuri - Rolled for you, 19 misses.

Rocky: Vulnerable, Prone, Bruised
Lizard: Dazed, Bruised 3, on ceiling *Still in melee range of ground*
Uomo: Dazed, Bruised *Pending possible reroll*
Felix: Staggered, Bruised, grabbed/bound (Defenseless, immobile, impaired) *Pending Possible reroll(s)*
Those at top of init can post new round actions, since they don't have to wait on the badguys.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"A Ha!" Uomo says as the lizardman slashes at his arm. "Turning into a feral beast eh? Good trick, but I'm full of surprises too!" Uomo grins, as his wound closes up by itself. Just as it does, Uomo spins in place, making a potent slashing arc to behead the lizardman.

OOC: Uomo's regeneration heals him of his bruise. Sword power attack: 23 to hit, DC 26

jkason

First Post
Grid groaned silently as he saw his plot turned against him. He's too good, the young man despaired as the cloned spiders swarmed overtop of him, overwhelming him.

[sblock=ooc]Well, there's literally no way for him to succeed the check, so really just looking for how many levels he fails by, yes?

Resist DC 43, verifying depth of fail. (1d20+20=33)

I believe that's two, so I assume that means he's stunned? Is that a single round of stunning, or does it persist?[/sblock]

Zerith

First Post
[sblock=OoC]Felix is 8/4 Toughness… so he should have been a lil harder to hurt :/ (not that it realy matters XD)
that said, he IS 8/4 toughness, so being held is no good, and over powering rocky seems like the idea of dumber… and while I do have two HP, I don’t want to burn them on mini bosses when Felix is a decoy fighter, will regen everything off for the big fight, and is effectively tying up one of Rocky’s two arms: I Consider having rocky beat on one of the two people able to rapidly recover after AND during combat a win! ^_^
Besides, Felix is in pure feral mode sooooo Time to claw and bite Rocky’s arm! XD[/sblock]

Grabbed, beaten, and the favor returned, Felix was, clawing, kicking, hissing, and generally screaming bloody murder as he was slammed through a wall; Then he stopped, mouth agape, eyes wide in ferry, he just stopped, utterly, as if frozen in time, as the rock mutant basically collapsed over him; their combined mass hit the floor with thunderous applause, the weakened floor screamed in protest at the abuse as Felix’s eyes twitched toward the rock man’s face, bloodied, Felix grinned eagerly.

Felix started to cackle with madness, it sounded like pleased clicking as his mouth blurred open and close, apparently he was nearly hyper ventilating, far from chocking; apparently rocky’s grip was simply monetarily loosened, if not enough for Felix to simply slip away.
Felix squirmed in the stone fist briefly before sounding an enraged chirp and then constricting around as much of rocky as he could as he started trying to rake into the earthman’s flesh.

[sblock=OoC] attack role: 14 [DC 29]
Dodge, 10
Parry, 10

Toughness, 8/4
Fort, 7
Will, 9

After regen: 1 bruise [/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
Felix's sheet Says dodge 12, parry 9, Toughness 7/3

JKason - Will update for grid soon, it's only a 1 round stun unless he chooses to maintain it.

Remove ads