Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 3: Fallout

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

As just attacking doesn't seem to do much good vs the lizard mutant, Frost tries to just freeze him to the wall.

[sblock=OOC]
Freeze (Affliction 11) (PA 2) (1d20+8=18) vs Fortitude (the sheet is wrong. The DC should be 23 to avoid hindered/immobile/paralyzed.

----

Frost

HP 3

conditions: fine

defenses:
DODGE 7
PARRY 7
FORTITUDE 10
TOUGHNESS 15 (15 Impervious)
WILL 9

Immunity (aging, hunger & thirst, poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Voidrazor

First Post
"Meh, kinda a stalemate." Enoch almost absently continues to pump out the same Poison Idea while taking another look around with mental plane perception. Reinforcements would be a bad thing™, and the teenager worries about what might be happening to the hostages upstairs.

Jemal

Adventurer
<Basement>
As Uomo's sword slices deep into the reptile, and both of their wounds start closing, It is clear that the two of them could likely be at this for quite a while - though Uomo notes with some smugness that the reptile's wounds are closing slower than his own.
Cutting off the combat though, Frost manages to catch the distracted Reptile with the full force of his ice, cocooning him against the wall.
Felix and the rock-man meanwhile continue smashing at each other rather loudly until the Rock man stops suddenly, Enoch's mental assault finally breaking through his barriers.
After that, they are quickly able to render the two unconscious.
I re-organized init a bit for dramatic purposes. Combat is now officially over. Rocky was staggered by Felix's attack, Reptile was dazed by Uomo and paralyzed by Frost, and both were rendered Defenseless by the Poison Idea, and neither Laura nor Cass have even acted yet, so I decided to call it there.

Now, here's the question:
What will you do with them now? Either could break free of ropes, so tieing them up would seem useless.
And remember the clock is ticking..

Enoch senses that nobody upstairs seems to have noticed the clash. (There were 3 who could have, all got really bad perception rolls..)
Now that things have settled down a bit, he also starts noticing something going on back in the room with Grid on the mental plane.
(If you'd like to focus on it, Enoch can start to figure out what's going on with Grid. IF so, you'll Make one DC 20 insight check per round until you've gained 5 total degrees of success. It will take your entire action for the turn but you can still communicate with the team - to a limited degree).

<Virtual World>
Grid is overwhelmed by the spider-bots, flailing about as they swarm over him. Genie unleashes a burst of flame that clears them away and destroys the webbing around her, then staggers to her feet. Spyder glares at her and summons a cage to try entrapping her, but she manages to roll to the side, avoiding it.

OK, Genie just nullified the swarm and her webbing. You would have had to try saving again to get out, but now you may act.
I know he seems more powerful than you, but there are two of you.
And don't forget hero points or extra-effort. For the record this IS a boss fight for you.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry, didn't mean to seem like I was whining. I was just doing the math on that particular save, and it literally did look like there was no way to make it so far as I could tell. I didn't think even HP would help do more than make it a single failure, so I didn't want to waste it, if that makes sense?[/sblock]

Coming back to his senses, Grid's eyes spark a furious red.

"Okay, nothing fancy this time, jerkwad. Just a lot of pain," he growls, unleashing an electrical bolt.

[sblock=ooc]You had said both normal combat and alternate methods were acceptable for this fight, yes? Given that he's been shaken by getting his butt handed to him so far, he's going to just try a straight-up damaging attack since his tech attacks seem to be falling short:

Electric Arc attack. (1d20+10=21) DC 25[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
<Virtual World>
Spyder recoils as the electricity surges through him, his form flickering for a moment and Grid almost glimpses what's underneath, but it stabilizes too quick and he stands straight again
"Oh you wanna play like THAT, do you?" Spyder unleashes a forked bolt of plasma that lashes towards both Genie and Grid.

OOC: Didn't think you were whining, was just reminding you.
He does have about 5 ranks on you, and rolled very well. That's the problem with Rolling DC's vs flat DC's, which was my fault I should've just made the DC 10+ which would've been 35 - You still would have failed, but only by 2, and could've passed.
And for the record, his Tech check beats PL cap, he's NOT a PL 15, so don't worry too much.

Toughness (1d20+11=22)
Spyder Fails toughness by 1 degree.
Current conditions: 2 bruise.
He uses an area effect: DC 22 Dodge. Toughness = DC 27(21 if succeed dodge)
Genie saves: Dodge; Tough (1d20+8=23, 1d20+10=14). Makes dodge, but fails toughness by 7 : 2 degrees.
Genie Condition: Fatigued, Dazed, Impaired Defenses 2, Bruised 1

jkason

First Post
Seeing his attack have an effect bolsters Grid's confidence. As the plasma bolt spreads out, he manages a physics-defying backflip that takes him up and over the attack, landing lightly on his feet with a satisfied smile.

"See? This is going better already," he snarks, choosing not to acknowledge the place on the back of his neck where he could still feel the heat from the plasma bolt.

"We've got him on the ropes, Genie," he says to the reeling young girl, hoping the two of them can manage to press the advantage. But even as he says it, his next electrical arc zaps over his opponent's head without connecting.

[sblock=ooc]

I assumed plasma isn't fancy talk for electricity, since Grid's immune to that (and in virtual world, I suspect the immunity would only last as long as one hit, since all these attacks are code metaphors, anyway. ;) ).

I realized after rolling that Grid's protective vest really wouldn't be useful in cyberland, but since he made the Dodge, even without the +4 from the vest, he makes the Toughness, too, though he manages both by the skin of his teeth:

Dodge, Toughness (1d20+12=22, 1d20+6=25)

Attack (ouch):

Electric Arc (DC 25) (1d20+10=13)

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra scowls, frustrated, and rather than flinging more rubble and possibly weakening the building, she focuses on the lizardman himself this time. Invisible force coalesces around him, tickling his scales and stilling the dust around him in midair just before constricting!

TK power check: 22
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4125145/

(Trying to TK grab him with Move Object. It has Perception, so I'm not sure if I need to roll to hit. I will however roll a power check to use as a 'strength' check. Also, I know I've been doing this a lot lately, but again I apologize for my many delays. This time it was a holiday in the boonies. :( )

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
Jkason - I'm going to give a day or two to see if Voidrazor's going to start focusing in, and what if anything the rest of the group is doing while you struggle.
Shayuri - As per my previous post, they are unconscious and combat is over, unless you plan on telekinetically holding him indefinitely, the question remains what you guys are going to do with them.

Voidrazor

First Post
Enoch jogs over to Uomo. "Hey gramps I think I can figure out what Grid's deal is, but it would take a few minutes. Want me to do that or do ya want to all just head upstairs now?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"We'll hold the line here, if no one detected us yet we have some time. Aid Grid." Uomo says, looking over at the reptile to see if he regenerates. "Okay, not much of a choice for us but to either kill them or incapacitate them beyond their enhanced recovery skill." The former roman says, aiming his sharp sword at the lizard's man neck. "I'm open to suggestions."

Remove ads