Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse

Jemal

Adventurer
Washington DC

-Jacob-
Jacob makes his way to the Lincoln Memorial, stopping a ways away to take in his surroundings. It's late afternoon, and the place is fairly empty. He a few couples, but what stands out is that there seem to be three of four others like himself, carefully wandering around, trying to seem nonchalant as they glance in the direction of Lincoln. He also sees a woman walking steadily towards it. She is 6' tall, athletic, with long red hair, wearing a short plaid skirt with black stockings underneath, and a black T-shirt with a red Ankh on the front. It takes Jacob a moment to realize why this is off, as he himself doesn't really feel the temperature changes, but he then realizes that it's not exactly a warm day out, and everyone else is in jackets.
It's when he glances around to see if anybody else has noticed the peculiarity (and how could they not? She kind of stands out), that he sees the black van pulling up about a block away.. Have they seen him yet?

-Jackson-
After only a few moments, it becomes apparent to Jackson that the agents aren't following the Mystery man, indeed they don't even seem to be aware of him, but are rather stationed in the area either waiting for Frost or waiting for further orders. As the Mystery Man rounds another corner, Jax makes a snap decision to follow him. He trails the man for several minutes as he winds his way in a seemingly random route. Eventually he realizes they're near the Lincolm Memorial.

[sblock=ooc]
Apologies for the delay in posting your guys update.

WD - I rolled Frosts perception check for you to speed things up.. and wow, lucky 20 :D

H4H - No problems, we've all been sick. The agents aren't following the mystery man, thought I'd pointed that out properly, Sorry for the confusion.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
LA Warehouse District

Los Angeles, Warehouse District
- Tinman, Fulcrum, Grid -
[sblock=Initiative Order]
Grid
Tinman
Fulcrum
Thugs
[/sblock]
Grid flings out his hand and an bolt of electricity flings through the air, but it arcs a little to widely, hitting the steel door jam behind the Thugs instead.
Tinman is caught reeling by the pain of the bullets, and as he looks down, he sees that one has actually pierced his skin rather than just dented it.. What the hell were these guys Firing at him?

As the large metallic man goes down to one knee, his grip on the fourth gunman releases and the four of them raise their guns, but before they can unload on the crippled Meta, there is a creak and a groan, and a huge chunk of Girder flies over his head, Plowing into the thugs and knocking all four of them down before continuing on to blow a chunk through the wall behind them, revealing a portion of the factory beyond. Everyone still standing in the room glances through the hole and hears shouting from below, mostly "HOLY &^#@" And "Kill the ^&#@s"

[sblock=Perception DC 10]
Factory Description: You can see that there is a catwalk leading out of the doorway, and 10' below is the factory floor. At the other end of the catwalk is another doorway and on the side is a stairway leading down. There are several more thugs arming up below, and heading up the stairs. They'll arrive in 2 rounds
[sblock=DC 15]
The floor of the warehouse is full of equipment, being used for Drug use, and several large crates full of weapons.
[sblock=DC 25]There is a large man in a suit and an asian woman (Tinman would recognize them as the two who were in the room when he arrived) Running for the back door on the ground floor.
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
Rathan: You failed your save by 5, and I can't remember what that does in 3e(Book is unavailable to me for a short while). In 2e that was stunned, and I noticed that you'd failed by 5 once before too, so I'm gonna go with stunned for this one.

Shayuri - Jeez AOE's with this diceroller make for a long post! Well, Thugs 1, 3, and 4 Failed Reflex(So DC24 tough) and #2 pass Reflex (So 16 Tough).
1 fails by 7
2 fails by 9
3 fails by 14
4 fails by 15

Ouch. Can someone post up in the OOC thread what the effects in 3e are, As stated above I don't have my books available ATM (Yeah, again).

NOTE: (And I'll be putting this in the OOC thread as well so everyone will see it for sure)
When I ask you guys to take a save, I'll also give you the applicable DC, so If you fail by multiple margins, you should be able to allready know what the effects on your characters are without waiting for me to post the result of your save. (If you know the DC is 20 and you roll a 14, you know thats a failure+1degree.)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Jackson started to make his way towards the monument and then up the steps towards the statue. He had an itchy feeling something was going to go down and hoped the higher vantage point would help.

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan, The Grid

"Yowzers. Remind me never to get you angry!" Grid calls over to Fulcrum as the girder lays out the thugs. He runs toward the hurt meta they've been sent for, but notices what's beyond the wall through the hole the girder made.

"Okay, so I guess we know why he's here: drugs and guns? And backup, it looks like. But first: you boys? Stay down." He holds his hand out, and another electrical bolt arcs across the room, this time grounding in one of the still-conscious goons.

To the man they just saved he adds, "You're not looking so good, buddy. Maybe we should get while we can, yeah?" Realizing Fulcrum would probably need all her strength if she was going to carry the heavyweight, Grid glances about for a socket he might use to make his own quick escape if needed.

OOC: If I'm reading the rules right, ranged powers are 25 x rank feet. If he's got a clear enough shot, Grid would lob off another arc at the incoming goons. Since you mentioned in the OOC thread the reinforcements are minions, I'll mention Grid has the Takedown advantage, which means if he incapacitates a minion, he can make another immediate attack against an adjacent minion in range, repeating if he keeps incapacitating until he misses or there are no more minions adjacent. I'll throw an attack roll in just in case.

ETA: Updated post to attack one of the in-room thugs instead of the minions on their way.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Jame's chest heaved in and out slowly, trying to catch his breath as he noticed more thugs on their way on intercept. James turned to Grid as he spoke to him and shook his head....

"No... Not until the drug lord is taken into custody, he sells drugs to kids for Christ's sake.. I'm sick of reporting the news rather than doing something about it, and now that I can, I'm not a few bullets keep me from doing so!" James barked as he tried to stand to his feet again only to nearly collapse on his arse on the floor... "Ok... maybe I could use a five minute breather.... but it looks like we won't have time" James said as he pointed to more thugs headed this way...

[sblock=Jemal... OOC Question]How does one recover from bruised and other results of conditions after combat?[/sblock]

[sblock=Acton This Turn] I'm taking my full round to recover this round. This should remove my highest level of damage, which I'm assuming with that fail is dazed, or am I staggered?
'Recover' (Standard Action)
"You take your entire turn to try and catch your breath and
bounce back a bit. When you recover, you can remove
your highest level of damage or fatigue. Alternately, rather
than removing a level of damage or fatigue, you can
choose to make a resistance check against an ongoing effect,
in addition to the normal resistance check at the end
of your turn.
You can only recover once per conflict. Once you have
done so, you must recover from any remaining damage,
fatigue, or effects normally (or with outside assistance).
When you recover, you gain +2 circumstance bonus to
your active defenses until the start of your next turn."[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Washington DC, Lincol Memorial

-Jacob, Jackson-

As Jacob takes a closer look, his eyes start to hurt from the heat the woman is generating - She's like the exact opposite of him, a furnace. As she approaches the Memorial, a man comes from another direction and she walks pointedly up to him, speaking and gesturing emphatically. Jacob sees her pull a note out her bra and start waving it at the man - who seems somewhat taken aback. The man begins looking around, possibly for an exit, before his gaze sets on Jacob, and he recognition sets in.

Jackson Approaches the Memorial and sees a young woman also approaching. She is 6' tall, athletic, with long red hair, wearing a short plaid skirt with black stockings underneath, and a black T-shirt with a red Ankh on the front. Though it is rather chilly out, she does not seem inconvenienced in the slightest. She notices his approach and changes her course to meet up with him, at which point she starts barking angrily at him in what sounds like german.
[sblock=German]
"You the boy who thinks he can copafeel and use this lame note as an excuse? I could Fry you where you stand, mensch! You don't even know who you're messin with!"[/sblock]
While she speaks she waves a piece of paper at him, though he doesn't see what's on it.

Jackson glances around, feeling suddenly conspicuous, and sees that there are nearly a dozen people watching the exchange intently - A little too intently. Sure it's a scene, but these people all seem like they were waiting for something to happen.. And one of them is Frost!

[sblock=ooc]
H4H, please do as everyone else is and include WHAT the dice roll is for along with it (The box at the top of the dice-rolling page is for description such as "Attack roll 1" or "Perception check", etc.)
I presume that was his perception check, just a note for the future. :)

Also, I gave Jacob a circumstantial bonus to stealth for Jackson being pre-occupied, but he beat you by 6, so he spots you despite the distraction of hot-angry-german-chick.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Well this just got interesting.

Jax moved down the steps and sidled up to his objective; Frost.
"Is there some sort of problem here?"

OOC: Use Assessment on the German Woman as a Free Action.
Since it says the GM makes a secret roll I will let you handle it. Insight of +9.
Rules in spoiler below.

[sblock=Assessment]
You’re able to quickly size up an opponent’s combat capabilities.
Choose a target you can accurately perceive and
have the GM make a secret Insight check for you as a free
action, opposed by the target’s Deception check result.
If you win, the GM tells you the target’s attack and defense
bonuses relative to yours (lower, higher, or equal). With
each additional degree of success, you learn one of the
target’s bonuses exactly.
If you lose the opposed roll, you don’t find out anything.
With more than one degree of failure, the GM may lie or
otherwise exaggerate the target’s bonuses.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

Jakob curses silently under his breath. A public place with a famous monument, many 'supers' in one place and a black van...

This has to be a set up! But who is setting who up? The one next to the 'hot woman' seems irritated, so he is maybe a victim, too.
... D@mn, he is coming for me, giving away my position!

[sblock=OOC]
I should really spent the next PP gained in skills.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Ah hell," Fulcrum swore at the attention from below. "That's a lot of guys and a lot of guns...too bad we didn't bring grenades."

She looks around, trying to think. "Look, James, I know how you feel about watching and acting but...this might be a bit 'advanced' for a beginner, you know?"

Not that fighting super-terrorists in a school was exactly safe either...

Spent shell casings, bits of glass from the window and tiny chunks of concrete and drywall rose up into the air around Fulcrum as she watched out the doorway.

"I'll try to cover the door. Grid, we need an exit plan. We're here for James, not to take on an army of heavily armed thugs."

Her words were punctuated by a series of sharp CRACKS, like automatic weapons fire. The Oort Cloud of debris hanging in the air around all vanished in quick succession. Outside, where the guards were massing and arming, a sudden hail of bullet-speed articles fell...pinging off of metal rails and struts, and thudding forcefully into the wall, floor, and body armor.

Last edited:

Remove ads