Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest IC (Prologue)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I found myself agreeing with Braham." states the ogre, warping his chain around his arm. "We hardly possess enough information to make such decision."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"The blind destruction of knowledge is foolish," then nodding to Mei-Ying, "Protection of knowledge is what may be needed. Would you agree Wade?" Gerard looks to the titan forged with a half grin on his face.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Use it," is all Ur says. After a pause he does add, softly but with utter certainty: "Grab your courage, brothers and sister, girth your loins, let go of your dreams of freedom. Half-measures have already failed us here."

(Which, some of you suspect, is either a quote from one of Thor's many holy books OR from the tiny booklet hanging at his waist, the last diaries of CiaNa.) Besides, he's always been very straight-forward in his approach to... pretty much everything, really.

Last edited:

D'Raven

First Post
"It's my family legacy. Hide it, throw away all the keys but the one I sleight of hand. My goals are the simple, steal the book as some one else is about to and hide it in a place that won't be found untill the Power once again seeps through the cracks." Darrian pauses for a moment. "And besides it's not like I can use it or anything."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Ur shifts his dark gaze to him, his beard bending into the motion: "You want to do, alone, what took the best heroes of the dawn age and, likely, the oath-enforced disinterest of all Gods to accomplish?" He is... let us say generally unconvinced? (That last argument in particular...) "Tools are made to be used," he continues after a pause, though he is no longer addressing Darrian alone. (It is, in fact, an insult to their maker, to every ancestor that ever used them *not* to.) But this he doesn't say, choosing to underline the main point instead: "We are in this situation *because* no-one is wielding this one now."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Which is not to say we'd be better off with an all-powerful tyrant holding abilities not even the gods can match," Mei Ying observes. "We really don't know enough yet to understand what's best for this thing. I merely say that I trust the judgement of those who came before us, in the absence of any personal knowledge."

kinem

Adventurer
"Right, Mei. If we must choose between duplicating the feat of the ancient heroes in hiding the book, or trying to best them by taking upon ourselves the responsibility of using it that they knew they were not wise enough to handle properly, it seems an easy choice."

Jemal

Adventurer
"You do have something they lacked. Me. I was only partially repaired back then, now I'm much closer to my full potential. Granted, I'm still missing a few.. hard to come by pieces, but once I'm fully operational, you'll have the only thing that can truly destroy the book, or defend it.. All three powers combined. Titan, Divine, and Universal.
Though in the right hands, the book would be mighty useful.. finally something to put the gods in their places, stop them from being so 'high and mighty'!"
Wade shrugs "Whatever your choice, just tell me what you want to do and I'll set you on your path, My only goal is to keep the book out of the WRONG hands.. I'm pretty much the oldest non-divine being there is, and I'd like to keep on ticking, so world ending power: not something I want in just anybody's hands!"

kinem

Adventurer
"I spoke of a clear choice, but by no means an easier path, Mei.

The gods are often annoying ... because they are so powerful. A greater power that puts them in their place, then, could become even more annoying. I am not doing this to make people long for the old days. And as I said before, good intentions are no guarantee against the temptations of power."

Remove ads