Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest IC (Prologue)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Brahm, What if the Gods were behind the discovery of the knowledge, for them to warp and twist the mind of the wielder to their own liking? Wade? Thoughts?"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"I don't know." In truth he did not understand the question at all, as is sometimes the case with Gerard's leaps of logic... "But the Gods could and did match the Power," Ur corrects toward Braham, "or we would not be here, as we are now." A pause as he distils his feelings to their simplest expression. Which is this: "The Surrendering was the best everyone could do at the time. Heroes, Gods and Stars likely bound NOT to use the Power by the very nature of their deal. We may not be better, or wiser, or stronger, but we stand on the shoulders of all that came before us. And the ancestors tell us: Don't compete with the Gods, cooperate with them," dark eyes calmly looking to Braham, and then, longer, at Wade, still talking: "Don't put the Power in the hands of one, let the many be our strength." A final look at Ying: "As the many are our strength in Magic."

It was a lot of words for him, and so he lets the sound of his coarse voice fade.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
"Gerard ... I surely doubt that is the case, but if it were, it would be another reason not to use the book.

Tutek, that is a good point. If there is disagreement among us now - to be sure, mere friendly differences of opinion - surely if we were to use the book we would all have different ideas on how to use it. With so much at stake, there would exist a temptation for the user to have his own way. Using it to protect certain people ... and to safeguard the power to continue doing so ... yes, that is how it starts. I hesitate to say it ... but I fear that one day ... this thing could tear us apart."

Friend against friend. Brother against sister. The sole survivor claiming the prize. Braham shakes his head to clear the nightmare vision from it.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Hence why hiding it again would be the best choice. I'm not a stalwart defender of status quo, but that would be the best course of action we can plan, given the information we've gathered so far." the ogre says.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Mei-Ying sighs. "We don't even know what's in it yet. Can we refrain from judging one another until we do?"
Ur tilts his head slightly, frowning: "We already know what's in it, Ying. As they've said," with a nod toward Wade and Darrian (and, by extension, William), "the book isn't the Power, it's a manual, blueprints on how to *use* the Power." Wade did say the power was all around them already, not locked up at all, just... ungoverned. A blink: "Or do you think they have it wrong?" He had not considered that, at all, it's true...

"Tutek, that is a good point. If there is disagreement among us now - to be sure, mere friendly differences of opinion - surely if we were to use the book we would all have different ideas on how to use it. With so much at stake, there would exist a temptation for the user to have his own way. Using it to protect certain people ... and to safeguard the power to continue doing so ... yes, that is how it starts. I hesitate to say it ... but I fear that one day ... this thing could tear us apart." Friend against friend. Brother against sister. The sole survivor claiming the prize. Braham shakes his head to clear the nightmare vision from it.

"Hence why hiding it again would be the best choice. I'm not a stalwart defender of status quo, but that would be the best course of action we can plan, given the information we've gathered so far." the ogre says.
"So speaks the most powerful beings in Rauland," calmly points out the dwarf, lips slightly curled with the irony of it all. (King Gilgamesh would likely disagree - or at least include himself - but he is not here right now.) "We are the Barbarian Legion, Braham - warts, bulging muscles and all. You taught us, formed us *for this very moment*." *I* trust you, completely, even when you don't, said the weight of his dark eyes, simply, openly, almost scarily absolute in their quiet conviction. "Trust the strength of what you've built... at least for a little while. Corruption takes time, and when I said 'the many', I meant:" A wide, silent gestures, "the MANY. We should not shoulder the burdens of the universe alone, Braham, Tutek. *Shouldn't*." The white of his teeth minutely show in grim enjoyment, as they sometimes do in battle: "We mortals are... a gregarious people." Another quote that last, this time almost certainly from the diary of Zann. "By the time the Legion is corrupted, it will be too late."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"And you're claiming that what we've been told makes us understand the Power? It's limits and possibilities? Enough to decide right now what the right course of action is? Maybe Wade told you something he didn't tell the rest of us?"

D'Raven

First Post
Darrian blinks and stares at Ur for a moment. "So you want to get the book so you can spread the Power to the many, as in all. The good, the bad, the self interested and the unknown. Should the Power start to be used by anyone to that extent eventually it could end up nothing more then another form of magic won't it. If you spread it wide you are not only ensuring those of ill intent get it to use as they wish but also that those with good intent can use it to protect. It will cause chaos, destruction, order, creation, upheaval and restoration." Darrian breaks into a huge smile. "I like it!" He leans on Ur casually. "You'll have pry it from my invisible, quick fingers as I try to hide it, but that sounds like some very interesting events. D'Raven would approve."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases