• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest IC (Prologue)

kinem

Adventurer
Braham pulls gently at the bottom tip of his beard as he thinks. "I do not think we should seek the Old Man. He does not know where the Book is, and if we aim to hide the book again, this should include from him. If we meet him, we risk becoming his agents, if he has an agenda of some sort. That he might accomplish simply by telling us partial truths until we act as he wishes.

On the other hand, if we were to aim to use the Power - which I say again we should not - then we should seek him out first, that he might tell us what precautions we'd need to take.

Under no circumstances should we divide into two groups. That would make us vulnerable in battle. But also, it would risk a situation where we receive different information and begin to act at cross purposes."

Last edited:

D'Raven

First Post
A loud crash of sound is heard. As every one swivels to check, Darrian stands beside a very large gong holding a mallet. With the gong's note dieing down he hands the mallet to a servent and the gong is rolled out.
"Oh sorry, my bad." He wanders over to look out a door. "If nobody remembers, I kinda have this thing that I don't like plans being discussed in places that we can be spied upon. Hence all the problems that we first had. There really are two places here where that is possible." He walks back to the group. "The first is D'Raven's throne, the other is my room. While I've got nothing against any of you, you're not really my choice of guests to invite into my private quarters. May I humbly sugest that we return to the throne room for any discussion or even on to the key? Unless it is decided to not even start its not like the first key will get us the book. There is a whole epic quest where we can decide about the book."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Ur starts at the sound of the gong, then gives the human a silent, dark look: 'Idiot' is the opinion written in the clench of his bearded jaw, for those who bother reading it there. He turns to Wade: "Will you be coming?"

Last edited:

Binder Fred

"Tell us about the Key, and the Vault," calmly inquires Ur once they get there, each having pondered in relative silence during the trip <I'm going to assume>.

There's also this question that hasn't been answered yet?
Wade: "Hmm... A good point... Well I wasn't there to say for certain, but I don't remember any mention of [the Old Man being prevented from teaching the Power].. though I'd imagine he'd avoid doing so - he'd have to find someone strong enough, someone he trusts, and he'd have to rewrite the book to do it properly."

The dwarf's bushy eyebrows lower. "He didn't find anyone in 12 thousand years?" Either something *is* stopping the Last Entity from his teaching, or Wade is starting to pull his answers out of his proverbial, and probably very theoretical, nether end. Possibly both. "And what does [rewriting] the book have to do with it?"

<Response Wade?>

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Maybe he wasn't looking," Mei Ying says quietly, having followed the others into the throne room. "We have no idea of his motivations or desires."

Binder Fred

Ur nods considered agreement to that, though he does add: "Except for his dislike of Gods." An enemy of the Gods will never teach *him*, alone, not with the rune of Thor carved plain on his forehead, so he can't go to the Old Man on his own. And if none of the others will go instead, then the Old Man is a dead issue -- at least until they get the Key.

Jemal

Adventurer
"Like the Lady says, his motivations aren't very clear. He seems to have gotten what he wanted, whether he wants anything more is something you'd have to ask him." Wade tilts his head to the side "But, I'd imagine he DOES have motives. A being that old, powerful, and smart is unlikely to be content just sitting by the sidelines. You'd probably want to at least talk to him at SOME point. But that can probably wait, there are more pressing matters, yes? So what do you all think so far?"

"And what does [rewriting] the book have to do with it?"
"Well, It's hard to learn magic without a spellbook, right? Even if a Wizard knows all his spells by heart is difficult to teach someone else without the proper tools."

Remove ads