• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest IC (Prologue)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Well, It's hard to learn magic without a spellbook, right? Even if a Wizard knows all his spells by heart is difficult to teach someone else without the proper tools."
Ah. Write a new book, not rewrite the old one... making the Vault and the Hiding rather pointless, if the Old Man could. Meaning he probably can't... Or, remembering fire-side tales of strange gees and abominable curses (godly or otherwise), can't without a price he hasn't been willing to pay... yet.

"I think we need to go find the key. What do you know of its location Wade?"
Ur nods silent agreement: down to business it is. His slow dwarven heart starts beating that slightest bit faster, stronger, as they enter the realm of the immediate future.

D'Raven

First Post
"About time we got to the matter at hand. I was beginning to think I would have to lie, con and/or steal my way in to one of the less ... Heroic groups." Darrian lounges on the throne. "Would have been a nightmare, would have had to actually lie to them."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jemal

Adventurer
"Oh that's comparatively easy to answer. It's actually a three piece key, the pieces being hidden: one in Elysium where it is protected from the Evil powers, one in Hades imprisoned away from the Good powers, and the third was sent to the far realms where even the Gods are wary of travelling. And 'key' is perhaps a.. basic description at best. They are keys in the metaphysical sense, less so than the standard sense. One is Magic, One is Science, one is Life... I don't know which is where, just where the three holding places are, and what each key is. To open the Lock, you need the Living key to use the other two at the gate."

Ah. Write a new book, not rewrite the old one... making the Vault and the Hiding rather pointless, if the Old Man could. Meaning he probably can't... Or, remembering fire-side tales of strange gees and abominable curses (godly or otherwise), can't without a price he hasn't been willing to pay... yet.

Wade nods at Ur with a grin. "Something like that, I'd say."

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Wade nods at Ur with a grin. "Something like that, I'd say."
Earning himself a bothered look, since that was all internal thought and not a word of it spoken aloud: the construct could at least pretend. Basic manners, really. :)devil:)

"Oh that's comparatively easy to answer. It's actually a three piece key, the pieces being hidden: one in Elysium where it is protected from the Evil powers, one in Hades imprisoned away from the Good powers, and the third was sent to the far realms where even the Gods are wary of travelling. And 'key' is perhaps a.. basic description at best. They are keys in the metaphysical sense, less so than the standard sense. One is Magic, One is Science, one is Life... I don't know which is where, just where the three holding places are, and what each key is. To open the Lock, you need the Living key to use the other two at the gate."
A short silence, no doubt as the others ponder and Wade awaits their preference. "The Far Realms," chooses the dwarf. "That seems the hardest one."

All names he's never heard before anyways. Except for Hades. That is the realm of the unworthy dead, their lives eternally gray and meaningless, lost in the ashes of all that came before. At least three tales tell of heroes going there and coming back though -- usually changed, yes, one dead in body if not in spirit, but it has been done and therefore can be done again.

kinem

Adventurer
"So be it" Braham says. "Elysium should be the last. I don't want to risk shaking that one loose, then failing elsewhere."

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: my bad didn't realize that was internal monologue. In recompense however, Wade CAN read minds (after a fashion...) and now you have confirmation! :p

D'Raven

First Post
"Myself, I just want the book dealt with. The order in which the keys are acquired means not to me."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shayuri

First Post
"We'll need to see what we can learn about this 'far realm' before we go," Mei-Ying insists. "Aside from that, I've no complaint about starting with it."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads