Gary Gygax has passed. RIP beloved father of RPG's. (merged)

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Just checked out the post on Troll Lords forum.

This looks genuine.

What a sad loss. Deepest condolences to Gary's friends and family.

And thankyou Gary for bringing us so much joy.

Still want it to not be true.

roguerouge

First Post
I never met Mr. Gygax but the mark of greatness is that he touched people's lives who never met him. I wish him good luck in the Elysian fields that surely await him.

Psion

Adventurer
Condolences to family and friends, and fond remembrances and thanks to the man himself on parting for giving me a hobby that was an enriching part of my life.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
From all of us at the Dragonlance Nexus, I offer Gary's family and friends our condolences. Godspeed to the Great Dungeon Master, who brought us all joy.

We can honor Gary's work as the father of the game every time we game. His legacy cannot be understated.

It is my sincerest hope that Wizards of the Coast will dedicate their core 4th edition books to Gary. It would be a fitting tribute.

Est Sularus oth Mithas.

I'm choked up as well. I'll miss ya Gary. I deeply thank you for all the fun and help your wonderful creation gave to me as a troubled youth and as a happy man.

Joseph Browning

Dan Bell

First Post
Wow. I didn’t even know he was ill. All the families of these role players have had awful news of late: Erick Wujick of Amber Diceless, Bob Bledsaw of Judges Guild, and N. Robin Crossby of Harn.

Rest in peace Mr. Gygax, thank you for giving us rpgs, you will be remembered. My thoughts and prays to your family & friends.

Remove ads