Gary Gygax has passed. RIP beloved father of RPG's. (merged)

The Thayan Menace

First Post
Thank You, Mr. Gygax

He was a scholar and a gentleman, who created a noble art and dedicated his life to defending it.

May his memory be eternal.

-Samir Asad​

jester47

First Post
In memory of a man who loved his work:

Ecclesiastes 5:18-20
Behold, what I have seen to be good and fitting is to eat and drink and find enjoyment in all the toil with which one toils under the sun the few days of his life that God has given him, for this is his lot. Everyone also to whom God has given wealth and possessions and power to enjoy them, and to accept his lot and rejoice in his toil—this is the gift of God. For he will not much remember the days of his life because God keeps him occupied with joy in his heart.

There also was much joy in this man's heart.

JLXC

First Post
This actually makes me sad. He changed my life more than nearly anyone outside of my family. I've been playing for a long, long time and have spend so many thousands of wonderful hours playing D&D, it changed my life. I'm glad he was born, and that's as nice a thing as I can say about another human.

Orius

Legend
I came to this thread fairly late, and I don't know what to say that's already been said. I only knew him from the various discussions he took part in here, and he always seemed like a pretty good guy.

SoulsFury

Explorer
A sad day. Rest in Peace Gary. Thank you for the many things you have done for my life and the many ours of enjoyment you brought to me and my friends.

Night Watchman

First Post
Thank you Mr. Gygax for so many years of fun and imagination filled adventures. My friends and I have so many wonderful memories thanks to you and we pan on having many more in your memory. The next round of drinks is for you sir!

Baron Opal

First Post
Thank you Gary.

Your game, which my parents had a love / hate relationship with, kept me out of more trouble and developed my mind more than any of us could imagine.

You had a great impact in my life, despite the fact that I never met you.

Thanks again, and I hope to see you in Valhalla.

- Erich

Sharp Tongue

First Post
He, along with Carl Sagan, was one of the most influential people in my life. I don't know where I would be without his creativity and ingenuity. I do know that I wouldn't be the person I am now.

Rest in peace, Gary Gygax.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Gary was one of those people who I didn't know much about as I was growing up, and it was only until later that I realized how much he meant. I read the news this morning, and was in a funk all day. I never realized how much he truly was an idol of mine. I had a drink and rolled a d4 for him tonight, and thanked him not just for giving me the chance to stretch my imagination, but not to be ashamed of doing it.

Thanks Gary.

Remove ads