Gary Gygax has passed. RIP beloved father of RPG's. (merged)

SuperGnome

First Post
I just wanted to send a thank you to Mr. Gygax that I was never able to deliver in person. Thank you for creating something that introduced to so many friends and wonderful people. Thank you for creating something that in part, made me who I am today.
Thank you for creating something that brings so many different people together.
Thanks for you being you to give us all that chance too.

RIP

erc1971

Explorer
As a 30 year veteran of D&D, I am deeply saddened by this news just like everyone else.

Though I never met him face to face, I have enjoyed chatting with him in the numerous "Ask Gary" threads. Logging onto enworld/trolllord forums and seeing those threads and realizing they will never be posted to again really made it hit home for me. They were my personal connection Gary and they will sit silent now.

Thanks for 3 decades of enjoyment Gary, and I will do my best to make sure you life's work gives me 3 decades more!

Eric

Rhun

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Nobody-- no friend, no mentor, no teacher, no pastor, no politician-- had as great an impact on my life as Gary Gygax. Although my family may claim credit for my moral instruction, it was the many long, happy hours spent reading Gygax to which I owe the development of my intellect.

I echo these sentiments. Gary's creations have had a huge and positive effect on my life in so many ways, and he certainly has my thanks for that.

Rest in peace, Gary.

CruelSummerLord

First Post
RIP, Mr. Gygax. We never met face-to-face, but we corresponded a few times. I just want to thank you for all the creative inspiration you've given me over the years. In the game itself, campaigns may end and heroes die, but their memories will live forever.

So too will it be for you.

Last edited:

Remove ads