• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Geek Confessional Thread 2024

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
In all seriousness, then, you haven’t seen how knitters en masse. Or tattooists. Or whale watchers. Or bookbinders. I have seen all these groups behave in ways that would boggle many RPG flamers.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Message boards on fire off the shoulder of Orion... I watched LCD screens glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time to die.

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
I kind of want to see angry bookbinders throw down.
Honestly, it’s pretty boring. You know how the eighth million argument here is more or less indistinguishable from the 7,999,999th? You spend a few threads learning the particular rhythms of a particular forum, play a few Mad Libs for specific terms associated with the subject, and then it’s the Same. Old. Thing. It turns out more of our collective argument style is topic-independent than you’d think, since we’re all in the same general cohorts of age and net history.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Father Ted was ahead of his time. He mastered the art of fandom arguments back in the mid-90s.

1716528451954.png

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Honestly, it’s pretty boring. You know how the eighth million argument here is more or less indistinguishable from the 7,999,999th? You spend a few threads learning the particular rhythms of a particular forum, play a few Mad Libs for specific terms associated with the subject, and then it’s the Same. Old. Thing. It turns out more of our collective argument style is topic-independent than you’d think, since we’re all in the same general cohorts of age and net history.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
eh you see some people change their minds even if only a little, I still hate halflings but I at least get the function of why people want small guy options even if I still dislike the flavour options.
the problem is how fast the other things are moving so we gain less new stuff to talk about and how safe they play everything.

GrimCo

Adventurer
Anti-inclusive content
I hate with burning passion phrase "Updated for modern audience". Why? Is modern audience retarded so they can't comprehend original work? It usually means- remove anything that could be considered controversial or offensive by today's standards.

In my Ravenloft, VIstani are still what they are meant to be, eastern European Gypsies. Yes, they are stereotyped somewhat, but lot's of stereotypes are based on truths.

Last edited:

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
I hate with burning passion phrase "Updated for modern audience". Why? Is modern audience retarded so they can't comprehend original work? It usually means- remove anything that could be considered controversial or offensive by today's standards.

In my Ravenloft, VIstani are still what they are meant to be, eastern European Gypsies. Yes, they are stereotyped somewhat, but lot's of stereotypes are based on truths.
I think it is important to remember that just because something does offend oneself does not mean it is not hurtful and legitimately harmful to someone else. Like, for example, making light of people with mental disabilities.

TiQuinn

Mechas.

I don’t like them, I’ve realized. I don’t like the animes. Thought Pacific Rim was nothing special. Played Lancer, Hated Lancer.

Why don’t I like big giant fighting robots?! Like, I say those words and it feels wrong! That should be a really cool concept! Who wouldn’t be into humans piloting giant robots to fight aliens or monsters from another dimension?

But nope, it just never clicks for me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads