• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Geek Confessional Thread 2024

TiQuinn

I hate with burning passion phrase "Updated for modern audience". Why? Is modern audience retarded so they can't comprehend original work? It usually means- remove anything that could be considered controversial or offensive by today's standards.
Seriously dude? 😡 Uncool.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I liked succubi better when they were Chaotic Evil demons.

To me, their presentation as seductresses was always wrong-headed. They weren't using their wiles to convince good- or neutral-aligned people to commit evil acts in hopes of knocking boots with them. They were black widows (insert ScarJo reference here), trying to kill people via nookie-based level drain. They didn't care about changing your alignment, they just wanted you dead, and sex was how they did it.

TiQuinn

To me, their presentation as seductresses was always wrong-headed. They weren't using their wiles to convince good- or neutral-aligned people to commit evil acts in hopes of knocking boots with them. They were black widows (insert ScarJo reference here), trying to kill people via nookie-based level drain. They didn't care about changing your alignment, they just wanted you dead, and sex was how they did it.
I get this. In fact, I kind of think the distinction between demons and devils is a bit lost on me. I think in pretty much any other context there is no distinction - they’re effectively synonyms.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Mechas.

I don’t like them, I’ve realized. I don’t like the animes. Thought Pacific Rim was nothing special. Played Lancer, Hated Lancer.

Why don’t I like big giant fighting robots?! Like, I say those words and it feels wrong! That should be a really cool concept! Who wouldn’t be into humans piloting giant robots to fight aliens or monsters from another dimension?

But nope, it just never clicks for me.
Battletech.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Is modern audience retarded....

Mod note:
As if stepping up and using slurs to insult intelligence on a site that has an Inclusivity policy is all that bright a move on your part?

Time for you to stop claiming negative stereotypes are based in truth, and go read the site rules.

amazon women in the mood animation GIF
amazon women in the mood animation GIF

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I’d have to go back and watch that to see if maybe some of the original stuff clicks.
BT is less anime more futuristic military with cold war trappings. I suggest the Tex talks Battletech on youtube. Classic BT is a fun but complex war game with some RP.

Edit: Fixed Ted to Tex :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads