• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GEN CON and the Indianapolis Area

IndySteve

First Post
Hi all! I don't know how many other EN World members are residents of Indianapolis, but just thought I would offer up my knowledge of the local area to anyone interested since my fair city is hosting Gen Con for the first time and I would like you all to leave with a good impression. I have lived in Indianapolis for the past 24 years and reside 5 minutes from the convention center. I am a veteran of many past Gen Cons (the last in 2001) and am thankful and fortunate I no longer must make the trek to Milwaukee for gaming's biggest event. Anyway, feel free to ask me any questions regarding the local area. Cheers!

Steve,
Great idea!

I'll start. We've been booked at the Indinapolis Athletic Club. Any idea how far that is from the main convention center?

Thanks,
Jim

Marshall

First Post
diaglo said:
how much for some ribs?

:D

How much do you want to pay?

The Dome and Convention Center is connected to Circle Center Mall(Translation-Food Court). There are several resteraunts in the area ranging from small Mom and Pops to Ruth's Cris Steakhouse.

'Course theres always the strip clubs for those of exotic tastes...

Ashy

First Post
Steve,

How's the downtown road construction coming along? Does it look like it will still be as big of a pain as folks were projecting?

THANKS! :D

der_kluge

Adventurer
Where can I find the best looking hoo...., er, call girls. I need my fellow gamers to know that I'm a stud.

(yes, it's just a joke)

IndySteve

First Post
Crispy Critter: You will be about 3-1/2 blocks North and about 2 blocks East of the convention center.

PirateCat: My basement is finished, so not drafty at all, and there is a comfortable sofa. However, you'll have to negotiate the obstacle course that is my gaming area! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads