• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GenCon 2011 - who's going?

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Badges went on sale this morning. I'm in! Anyone else?

Lan-"counting down the days"-efan

I had planned on going for all 4 days (got the time off at work already, have had a hotel room booked for some time). But 2 of my players are getting married (to eachother) on August 6th, so I'll at least come back for the wedding and decide whether to go back for Sunday.

Funny thing is, if these were some nongaming friends I wouldn't even give it a second thought. But these are 2 big time gamers, both of which LOVE GenCon, heck they've worn various gaming shirts bought from GenCon to several sessions last year. So at least had to give them a bit of a hard time about it (good naturadely of course) - seems getting the proper church was extremely competative and that weekend was the option.

Steel_Wind

Legend
I'm going and so are the rest of my fellow podcast hosts (five of us for sure and, hopefully, all six of us). Through the VIG program, we even have our rooms booked at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, too (which is a definite HUGE perk).

I must say that I am looking forward to Gencon already! Given the miserable weather outside, muggy August weather in Indy is looking pretty good right about now!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I plan on going, and pre-ordered my badge.

Now if my financial fortunes will just let me make good on my promises. :angel:

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I plan on going at least for part of it. I hope you'll be running some games, Lanefan!
Thanks! I don't have any plans for anything at this point but I've still got half a year or so to dream something up... :)

If I do end up running anything it'll be off the grid, so keep an eye on the planning forum here if-when it appears. But I'm probably leaning more towards socializing and-or playing this time, as it's about 95% certain this'll be the last one I get to for 5 years or more; after this year it kicks back to a couple of weekends later in August through 2015, and I can't take time off then (I work retail, and it's too close to back-to-school).

So, I'm going all out on this one! :)

Lan-"with my kill rate lately, you don't want your PCs anywhere near me"-efan

Remove ads