GenCon Indy 2007, let's shake the male/female ratios--or not, they seem fine here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Seonaid said:
I love men. I love the men of EN World. I want to game with ALL of you. :D

Ah...I saw post #4 back ther which read...

[bq]I would love to be in an all-female game...[/bq]

...and it didn't sound much like "all of us" ;)

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Teflon Billy said:
Ah...I saw post #4 back ther which read...

[bq]I would love to be in an all-female game...[/bq]

...and it didn't sound much like "all of us" ;)

That's ok, T-Bill. It's my pleasure to game with you anytime. Heck, if we didn't live on opposite ends of the continent, I'd gladly have you in my campaign, or play in yours.

There was lots of fun had by women at Gen Con this year... in fact, a few of the ENW women got together for drinks and desserts after the ENnies and it was a blast. I've attended women in gaming seminars and had a wonderful time. However, all that said, the most fun I've ever had at Gen Con was when I was just hanging out with the ENW crew - male and female alike.

Also - I LOVE the "Yes They're Natural" d20 shirts. They are cute and clever. And Buttercup looks smashing in hers. ;) :D

Last edited:

Sephera

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
Why do you hate men? :)

Are you saying you want to keep gaming just for men? Do you think the ratio of men to women should be higher?

I'm not saying I hate men. I'm just saying that there should be more women in gaming. I'm not pro-female, or anti-male, I'm pro-equality. :D

Besides, women always travel to the restroom in packs, I need a higher ratio of women to choose from if I need a bathroom break. :lol: ! Although I'm guess the line for the ladies room is shorter than the line for the men's room at GenCon.

AND, if I hated men, Thunderfoot would be short a pretty good Sorceress in his campaign. I may be a newbie, but I'm learning. And I'm really liking these new D8's Torin picked up for me. I needed 7 d8's for one of my newly learned spells. :]

-Sephera

Last edited:

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Also - I LOVE the "Yes They're Nature" d20 shirts. They are cute and clever. And Buttercup looks smashing in hers. ;) :D

Queen D, you are a sweetheart, as always.

Sephera

First Post
Buttercup said:
Sorry you didn't like my shirt. Wait, no I'm not....

I might have been willing to contribute to this thread in a meaningful way, if you hadn't sneered at me in your original post. But you've made it clear that you think I'm a defective woman in some way, so have a nice thread!

I've got to learn to be clearer with my meanings. I PERSONALLY like the shirt and will probably find one for me to wear for next GenCon. However, it shows a stereotype that might put off SOME women. If those are the only types of shirts available and they make some women uncomfortable, we're going to loose those women before they even try gaming.

I guess it's my exposure to Girl Scouts rubbing off, I want gaming to be inclusive and the stereotypes that have developed over the years create an exclusive mist around the fun. How's that? Gaming for every female, every where....

And I was definately NOT trying to sneer. Like I said above, there are times when I want to be thought of as sexy. Just lately, being 7 months pregnant with my 4th child, I'm just not feeling it. I have a goal to be sexy again by next year's GenCon.

-Sephera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads