• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General DCC RPG thread

teitan

Legend
So how's everyone's DCC games going?

I finally got to play for only the second time last night. It was great. Sailors on the Starless Sea. Utterly chaotic group of players. It's was fantastic.

@not-so-newguy , how's your DCC game going? I haven't seen your thread in a while.
We have been on hold from illness and now a honeymoon but it's going great. At the wedding we were all laughing and talking about the campaign and may have snatched up a couple new players.

darjr

I crit!
I ran an MCC game that contained some DCC. The players discovered a space elevator and had many trials to try to get to the top. At one point they had to enter a video game that was a DCC video game and make DCC characters to get through. Their characters kept DCC features mutated into their MCC characters upon exiting.

We ended by them confronting an AI who thought he was a king dead scientist in an orbital lab.

They ended up crashing the space elevator and escaping on a space ship headed to the stars.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I ran an MCC game that contained some DCC. The players discovered a space elevator and had many trials to try to get to the top. At one point they had to enter a video game that was a DCC video game and make DCC characters to get through. Their characters kept DCC features mutated into their MCC characters upon exiting.

We ended by them confronting an AI who thought he was a king dead scientist in an orbital lab.

They ended up crashing the space elevator and escaping on a space ship headed to the stars.
That’s fantastic. Sounds like an appropriately gonzo good time.

CharlesWallace

enworld.com is a reminder of my hubris
I haven't played yet, but I've watched some pretty fun actual plays on Jorphdan's Jocular Junction, on YouTube. And that's coming from someone who doesn't watch any actual plays, almost every. They did a four part Doom of the Savage Kings that was pretty fantastic.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I haven't played yet, but I've watched some pretty fun actual plays on Jorphdan's Jocular Junction, on YouTube. And that's coming from someone who doesn't watch any actual plays, almost every. They did a four part Doom of the Savage Kings that was pretty fantastic.
I've mostly kept to Critical Role live plays. Most others turn me off really fast. I like Jorphdan's channels. I'll have to give those a shot. Thanks for the rec.

Last edited:

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
Supporter
Interesting. I want to either watch or play some DCC just to learn how to run it for my groups. I'll check out this actual play, even though I don't really enjoy them 😆

I've been contacting collecting DCC for years since I played a Goodman Games-run one shot almost a decade ago, but haven't the proper grasp to run it well.

Last edited:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Interesting. I want to either watch or play some DCC just to learn how to run it for my groups. I'll check out this actual play, even though I don't really enjoy them 😆

I've been contacting DCC for years since I played a Goodman Games-run one shot almost a decade ago, but haven't the proper grasp to run it well.
There’s an Events page on the Goodman Games site. They have a ton of games listed. Tuesday nights are usually the demo nights by Goodman staff, regular freelancers, and really great referees.

You can also find games on the official discord and DungeonCrawlers discord. Both linked in post #3.

Last edited:

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
Supporter
There’s an Events page on the Goodman Games site. They have a ton of games listed. Tuesday nights are usually the demo nights from by Goodman staff, regular freelancers, and really great referees.

You can also find games on the official discord and DungeonCrawlers discord. Both linked in post #3.
Whoops, mistyped collecting- not contacting 😂
Thank you for pointing me to the events page!

Remove ads