General DCC RPG thread

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Oh- I have a question. Do the DCC adventures take place in some sort of canonical setting? Like is there a map that shows where Sagar-Matha is in relation to Punjar, or things like that? Maybe it’s in the core rule book which I don’t have yet?
Yes, although I don't know if they've published a world map of Aerth since the 3E DCC days. And I'm not sure if the Gazetteer of the Known Realms shows later popular mini-settings like the Shudder Mountains (fantasy Appalachia) at all.

teitan

Legend
Yes, although I don't know if they've published a world map of Aerth since the 3E DCC days. And I'm not sure if the Gazetteer of the Known Realms shows later popular mini-settings like the Shudder Mountains (fantasy Appalachia) at all.
Ish. They’ve said that boxed set no longer really applies and while they use elements of it they left it super vague. Shudder Mountains isn’t on it because it’s a purely DCC setting itself for example and they said they have no plans for a Punjar book as, as Harley put it, it’s just Lankhmar with the numbers filed off so you can use Lankhmar or buy the old pdf. The Known Realms is not very DCC-like.

CharlesWallace

enworld.com is a reminder of my hubris
Thought it would be a good idea to put this here. Cannot wait for this to finally launch.

I bought the music of the spheres is chaos, but I haven't bought the core rules because MAN, does that Erol Otus cover (for the core rules reprint) look amazing, or what??

overgeeked

B/X Known World

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I wish more than one edition had come with thumb tabs. And ribbon bookmarks should be a requirement for RPG books in 2024, IMO.
Yeah. There are so many little quality of life things you get with OSR books. Printed endpapers. Ribbon bookmarks. Useable layout and design. B&W art so books are more affordable. Compatibility with many/most other OSR games and if not really easy conversion. On and on.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Yeah. There are so many little quality of life things you get with OSR books. Printed endpapers. Ribbon bookmarks. Useable layout and design. B&W art so books are more affordable. Compatibility with many/most other OSR games and if not really easy conversion. On and on.
You'd think the company with the money would think of those things...

Remove ads