• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Honestly, she was aiming for Elise, but she didn't have the range. It was rather pathetic.

LogicsFate

First Post
Thats what I was hoping for, can you imagine? MC Elise and sidekick Ligeia. I'd have to make Lasair an honory something, depends on my level of power I geuss.

Unrelated topic--- I've use the rule that magic stuff is upgradable for so long I can't remember if it a house rule or not, probly is ex +3 armor can be upgraded to +4 armor for the cost of +4 armor -+3 armor

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Ne'er mind, found the rule it is eisly possible
I liked it better when you lost 25% off the original item whenever you did that, to let there be at least some reason to save up, but yeah, that's the rule now

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I liked it better when you lost 25% off the original item whenever you did that, to let there be at least some reason to save up, but yeah, that's the rule now
I think the idea is that XP spent are fairly precious, and people were balking at it. I generaly don't use the magic item creation rules much because of that. But that's me.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I think the idea is that XP spent are fairly precious, and people were balking at it. I generaly don't use the magic item creation rules much because of that. But that's me.
Either way, though, the new rules make it so there is absolutely no reason why someone would not have the local NPC wizard forge them a +1 sword now and then return to have it reforged as +2 later, versus saving up for +2 ;)

Besides, it is totally worth the XP cost to create items (especially in 3.5 where if you fall behind, you get extra XP) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads