Generation Legacy Issue #15

Tokiwong

First Post
Hammerhead said:
"Good idea, I'll rely on Pantheon's commitment to peace and justice," Ryan responds, jumping down as well, using his flight to slow himself at the last millisecond. Damn that was cool.
Both young elites come face to face with a woman that towers over them, bristling with obscene muscles and dark skin. Her skin is almost leathery, and a massive horn just from her forehead. Ridges grow on her shoulder as she senses danger and she steps back at their sudden arrival.

Gilden

Jun Min thinks not replying for a long moment, “Well they can’t come back here, not for any extended amount of time. But there isn’t anywhere they could go that they could not be found either, especially with Sariyah’s power. We are seriously screwed, especially if the UNJE is willing to cast Legacy aside.”

Gadget blinks, taps at the keys and blinks again. “Umm Legacy needs to leave there like now… I mean seriously like now. If this is correct there is an orbital strike planned for approximately two minutes and twenty-two seconds. Any longer then that and they will be vaporized…”

Jun Min shrieks, “What!? Gilden warn them!”

Clover

“Now child, I know you better then you know yourself, you can’t help but try and read a situation and turn it to your advantage. The first rule of any engagement is to know your enemy. As far as whole sale slaughter, that isn’t our goal, those that resist violently will be crushed; there is no middle ground. If they choose to surrender then they will live if they continue to resist then they chose their fate. This isn’t about who is going to be in charge this is about the survival of the species,” Commander Hughes responds.

“Then tell me Clover how would you handle this elite threat? Appeal to Pantheon’s sense of humanity? How do you assuage the fears of the common man Clover? Millions of people died today. Millions of innocent lives lost, so forgive me if I don’t give one fig about the intentions of spoiled elites. This is not about supporting tyranny, this is about making those millions of deaths mean something more then just a number, child. Every one of those victims had a name, a family, they had dreams, and a right to exist. The moment Legacy decided to break protocol they became the enemy. That enemy is the hubris of elites that believe their abilities give them the right to choose the fate of mankind. But again I ask you, how would you handle this threat?” Clover’s father replies.

“And as I said before the details of the operation are classified, you do still remember what classified means don’t you, Clover?” her father answers.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Both young elites come face to face with a woman that towers over them, bristling with obscene muscles and dark skin. Her skin is almost leathery, and a massive horn just from her forehead. Ridges grow on her shoulder as she senses danger and she steps back at their sudden arrival.

"Damn it, Karen," Ryan remarks sarcastically, never taking his eyes off the dangerous Elite. "Anika was supposed to take us to the secret Pantheon base, not the Iranian zoo."

"Let me put it this way, lady. You and all your troops need to surrender now, or you're all going to die. That means you need to cooperate with us. Do you have a guy who can redirect portals, any copies of the virus you hit James with, and any other subjects for your sick experiments here?"

Aenion

First Post
Hammerhead said:
"Damn it, Karen," Ryan remarks sarcastically, never taking his eyes off the dangerous Elite. "Anika was supposed to take us to the secret Pantheon base, not the Iranian zoo."

"Let me put it this way, lady. You and all your troops need to surrender now, or you're all going to die. That means you need to cooperate with us. Do you have a guy who can redirect portals, any copies of the virus you hit James with, and any other subjects for your sick experiments here?"

"Just don't give her any reason to attack us," Karen whispers, showing her empty palms to the aggressive looking ... woman before them, "What Ryan's trying to say is that we need to get out of here now. The UN is gonna bomb this place and if we don't get going right now, we're all gonna die. Is there anyone else still in here? Do you know anything about what happened to our friend?"

Hammerhead

Explorer
I swear, why does she just give away information to these murderous jackasses? Why is she so naieve?

"She should, since she's one of the people who injected him to begin with," Ryan says scornfully. "As well as being responsible for the deaths of millions of people just hours earlier."

And I'm not going to die. Although if they cut the countdown, I'm going to fly up into space and start breaking all of their little toys. To start.

Mimic

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Jun Min shrieks, “What!? Gilden warn them!”

Gilden nods in response as he reconnects to Anika's mind. "You must leave now, Gadget says there will be an orbital strike on you location in under two minutes. LEAVE. NOW."

Samnell

Explorer
KaintheSeeker said:
"I was planning on it." Cassie says as she keeps running. "I'm not going back Mark. They are as bent as Pantheon. No one wants to find the middle path. I can't side with the UN when they see Extinction as a viable concept."

Mark lost enough speed for Cassie to gain ground on him for a moment, "Oh. Ok. Uh...you gotta do what you gotta do." That didn't come out quite right. "Uh, good luck, Cassie."

Samnell said:
Mark lost enough speed for Cassie to gain ground on him for a moment, "Oh. Ok. Uh...you gotta do what you gotta do." That didn't come out quite right. "Uh, good luck, Cassie."

Cassie nods as she gets the impression she's about to be left on her own. Not unexpected, but she felt a bit betrayed by it all the same. "Don't feel guilty Mark, I'm sure the UN will get you another sporting good product to advertise."

She wondered if Anika and the others would be able to get clear. "Better get moving Mark, I am not sure I can get clear of the blast, but you can." A lot of the sting and sarcasm from her prior comment is gone and only concern is left. She gave herself only a 50-50 chance to survive. Anika would get the others out.. if she was warned.

Agamon

Adventurer
Mimic said:
Gilden nods in response as he reconnects to Anika's mind. "You must leave now, Gadget says there will be an orbital strike on you location in under two minutes. LEAVE. NOW."

"I already know about the orbital st...UNDER TWO MINUTES!? That sunuvabitch said we had five minutes!"
Momentary panic almost causes Anika to almost stop growing her portal, but that quickly gives way as she focuses even more strongly on it.

"Get everyone ready to go, sounds like we have less time than we thought!" she yells to the teammates still with her. "Gods, Mark and Cassie and Karen and Ryan, they don't know...Gilden, you have to tell them, too!" She shakes her head and concentrates on getting everyone present out of harms way. It was the best she could do...hopefully the others were able to get themselves to safety.

Shalimar

First Post
OOC: Has the aerodyne closed the hatch and started moving yet? If it hasn't then Clover'd be jumping backdown the line she had climbd up to go and warn the teens. If they are already underway she can't.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
OOC: Has the aerodyne closed the hatch and started moving yet? If it hasn't then Clover'd be jumping backdown the line she had climbd up to go and warn the teens. If they are already underway she can't.
Been moving the whole time.

Remove ads