• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy Issue #7 "Innocence Lost" - Part 1

Samnell

Explorer
Agamon said:
"That was successful? I guess that depends on whether Strength talks to Ryan, that's why we came here." She looks at the aerodyne. "I just need to sit down." She glides into the aerodyne and slumps down into the nearest avaliable seat.

"Me too," Mark agrees tiredly and slumps down next to Anika. "At least we all came out in one piece."

Need a swim. Need a swim.

Agamon

Adventurer
Samnell said:
"Me too," Mark agrees tiredly and slumps down next to Anika. "At least we all came out in one piece."

"Only barely," Anika replies. "I think I know how those bugs feel when they hit the windshield of a car. And I wouldn't be disappointed if I was never punched through a wall again." She sighs and looks at Mark. "You don't think Ryan's actually going let Strength hit the ground? He was just bluffing, right?"

Samnell

Explorer
Agamon said:
"Only barely," Anika replies. "I think I know how those bugs feel when they hit the windshield of a car. And I wouldn't be disappointed if I was never punched through a wall again." She sighs and looks at Mark. "You don't think Ryan's actually going let Strength hit the ground? He was just bluffing, right?"

"Yeah. Of course he was," Mark answers, tired but confident. "I don't think Honor put me through a wall, unless you call him a wall."

Tokiwong

First Post
Samnell said:
"Yeah. Of course he was," Mark answers, tired but confident. "I don't think Honor put me through a wall, unless you call him a wall."

Star sighs to Mark, “I don’t think you can classify Honor as a wall, more of a whirling body of fists and kicks. Where his brother is simply strong, Honor is swift, and agile, and well versed in several styles of martial arts. I recognized six different forms when he tried to kill you, and then destroyed me.”

Star turns to Anika, “I don’t agree with Mark, I think Ryan is perfectly capable of letting Strength die if he does not give him what he wants. It may not be part of the rules of engagement. Either way, it is out of our hands, we can only hope that I am wrong.”

Roundhouse shakes his head, “I didn’t say it was a success, just that you guys are for real. This is far from a shining success, more like winning by default…”

Meanwhile, the medic turns to James, “Kiyana will be fine, she just needs time to rest, her injuries are superficial for the most part. She pushed her powers to the max; it looks like, lots of great data for the UNJE archives.”

Ryan

Not even going to roll, you won’t kill him, he isn’t moving, and he will heal the injury long before hitting the ground, but he will die if he gets no oxygen soon…

Ryan rams Strength and sends the elite brute spiraling through the air out of control. His body flails about out of control, and it is obvious that brutal Hong Kong enforcer is out like a light, and his breathing seems to be slowing as he continues to tumbles towards the clouds and earth far below…

Karen & Cassie

“Well Kal and I are always linked up thanks to our suits,” Aris replies, “I guess we just stay close to each other and don’t split up, I don’t have any clue about this command element stuff, but I figured since I knew the best about where we are going, that I should take the lead.”

Kal shrugs, “Works for me, frees up my mind for more butt-kicking.”

“Does that actually take conscious thought?” Jimmy replies incredulously.

Kal shrugs, “Multitasking is not my specialty.”

“Very true,” Aris agrees.

Jimmy sighs, “Yeah… okay Cassie you have a good grasp on this small team tactics stuff, Aris you navigate, Cassie you take the lead.”

Aris rolls her eyes, “Cassie?”

“Yeah, Cassie leads, you just supply her with the info she needs to get us through safe,” Jimmy responds.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Sighing, Ryan flies after the careening Strength, grabbing him tightly around the waist in a bear hug. What's with my friends? Why did they just give up and let that murderer walk away? Why not chase after him?

I guess they just lost the will to fight. You'd think Star would at least keep blasting.
After securing his hold, Ryan greatly accelerates, feeling the air rush by him as he rushes to the evacuation point prepared earlier.

"Delivery!" he shouts as he rushes in. "Who wants to sign for an unconscious Elite?"

Cassie looks a bit suprised and embarrased by the selction as leader. "Well, I don't know if I know that much about this sort of thing, but I try to think things out, there is still a lot about the real world I don't have a clue about you know. But I think the team mix and position would most likely work out for the best. Are we ready to move out and deploy?"

Aenion

First Post
Karen listens quietly as the team setup is being discussed, when Cassie wants to leave already, she objects, "Shouldn't we wait 'till tonight? I have to go to Kelly's memorial service at six anyway, people might notice if we were absent. Maybe we should leave at 7:30 or something. Unless you really can't wait to get there."

Samnell

Explorer
Lacking the energy to reply, Mark more or less ignores Star's commentary on Ryan's morals and Honor's capabilities.

Roundhouse shakes his head, “I didn’t say it was a success, just that you guys are for real. This is far from a shining success, more like winning by default…”

"We had an extra elite crash the party," Mark explains.

Hammerhead said:
"Delivery!" he shouts as he rushes in. "Who wants to sign for an unconscious Elite?"

Mark manages a smile, "As long as he stays that way I'll take him."

Agamon

Adventurer
"That'd make him a murderer, Star. It's one thing to kill someone accidentally, it's another to let them die when you could...I just don't think he'd do that, not even to someone like Strength," Anika says to Star.

Her eyes light up when Ryan appears with the unconscious elite. "Hey, good job. Pardon me if I don't get up," she says still slumped in her chair. "So does his sense of humor show up while we're getting our asses handed to us, or just after?" she thinks, shaking her head with a smile.

Aenion said:
Karen listens quietly as the team setup is being discussed, when Cassie wants to leave already, she objects, "Shouldn't we wait 'till tonight? I have to go to Kelly's memorial service at six anyway, people might notice if we were absent. Maybe we should leave at 7:30 or something. Unless you really can't wait to get there."
"Kelly's memorial.. I'd forgotten about that." looks a bit sad. "I still find it hard to believe that she's gone.. she was so nice to me.. especially since she didn't really ask for anything beyond her friendship. I should have dressed more appropiately I quess." looks to the others. "is this okay for such a service?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads