• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy Issue #9 "Innocence Lost" - Part 3

Hammerhead

Explorer
Ryan looks up at the sky, letting the water stream down his face. "Yeah, I guess. If I did the right thing, then why the hell is everyone giving me the silent treatment? Everyone hangs around the Justice Elite and Charles...I assume you met him, right? They've killed tons of people. But now everyone is treating me like I'm some kind of monster."

"No problem, about the healing thing. So, what's it like where you're from?" Ryan asks cautiously, merely trying to hold up a conversation. What the hell changed Aris so much since I've been gone? I don't ever remember her acting like this...much less her sudden attraction towards me.

Tokiwong

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Ryan looks up at the sky, letting the water stream down his face. "Yeah, I guess. If I did the right thing, then why the hell is everyone giving me the silent treatment? Everyone hangs around the Justice Elite and Charles...I assume you met him, right? They've killed tons of people. But now everyone is treating me like I'm some kind of monster."

"I don't see you as a monster, Ryan," Aris replies.

Hammerhead said:
"No problem, about the healing thing. So, what's it like where you're from?" Ryan asks cautiously, merely trying to hold up a conversation. What the hell changed Aris so much since I've been gone? I don't ever remember her acting like this...much less her sudden attraction towards me.

Aris pauses, “I guess it is very different from here. My father rules a thousand worlds, and Earth would have been another world added to his empire. It is a long story, but he captured Teen Justice, and then tried to have me marry Kid Paragon; he felt our union would produce the perfect heir… or something. I don’t know I just didn’t like the way he manipulates everyone, so when Teen Justice escaped, I went with them… I thought I was in love with Kal, but I don’t know. I just always seem to pick the guys that somebody else has, like you and Anika,” she says grimly.

“I am sorry Ryan, I know I am probably wierding you out being an alien, but I like you, you saved my life, and you are just so determined. I like that,” she says.

Mark

Aya recoils back, “I am sorry, I was just… I thought, you know.”

She sighs, “This friend of yours back home, is more then just a friend huh?”

Cassie

Yoshi sleeps soundly as Cassie goes some place to get her thoughts onto paper…

Shalimar

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Nightchild sighs, “I can’t tell you the amount of times I have been near death. I sometimes wonder why I even do this, but the moment I lapse, something happens and I just can’t stand by and do nothing.”
"At least your here, with your family, and you can see them. I haven't seen mine in a month, and I just know they think I'm dead again. The last time I disappeared, the place I was styaing blew up and I got shot by an assassin." she says softly, as droplets of water stream down from her wet hair.

"So what exactly do you guys in Teen Justice do for fun? I don't need to sleep, and it was like everyone else was just crashing, so I just had to get out of there, you know?" she asks, still not in a good mood, but at least wanting to be pleasant.

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Karen

Kal smiles, “Well usually during the week I am at home, with my parents, foster parents. But on weekends they think I go to a Football camp, and I stay here. Although I know Danger Girl and Gadget are usually here all the time.”

Kal watches Ryan fly out, “It all comes down to knowing your strength; we never let it go all out… well Nightchild did once and he almost killed Murder Man; because he had his girlfriend at the time killed by Butcher Boy… it was scary, Nightchild is an awesome fighter, and I had to bring him down before he did something he regretted. I still don’t know if we did the right thing letting him live but he hasn’t escaped Alcatraz II so for now everything is good.”

"Must be nice to be with your parents all week and get to spend the weekend with these guys. The only contact I have with my parents and brothers is by phone," Karen says wistfully.

"Nightchild lost his girlfriend to terrorrists? Poor guy..." she looks out the window for a moment, "I think you guys did the right thing, nobody deserves to die and this Alcatraz II seems like a decent prison, she rests her head on his shoulder, "Do all Elites have names like that on your world?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"At least your here, with your family, and you can see them. I haven't seen mine in a month, and I just know they think I'm dead again. The last time I disappeared, the place I was styaing blew up and I got shot by an assassin." she says softly, as droplets of water stream down from her wet hair.

Nightchild continues walking, "My family is dead. I live with my grandmother... well I take care of her, and she takes care of me, outside of her and Dr. Midnight, I have no family."

Shalimar said:
"So what exactly do you guys in Teen Justice do for fun? I don't need to sleep, and it was like everyone else was just crashing, so I just had to get out of there, you know?" she asks, still not in a good mood, but at least wanting to be pleasant.

Nightchild glances over his shoulder, "I wish I knew, but I rarely have time for fun anymore. This is serious business, I can't afford to be having fun when others need my help."

Karen

Kal laughs, “Only nice when they give my allowance,” he jokes, “but I enjoy it, getting to be a normal kid is fun.”

He listens to Karen before replying, “Well Murder Man was the king of the Olympic City underworld for a time, until we shut him down, along with his lackey Butcher Boy. Kind of funny Butcher Boy and I were in the same History class…” he jokes.

“But yeah he lost Kathy, and it really… he just became so focused afterwards. The guy is just intense now. He is becoming more like Dr. Midnight, by the day; the two make a great team… I just wonder what all the pressure and stress is doing to Nightchild. But so far he seems to be able to handle it. He is one heck of a fighter though, I got the strength, but he has the skill and finesse. And well not everyone here is an “elite” metahuman or whatever. I mean Danger Girl and Nightchild are human, well exceptional but human nonetheless.”

Shalimar

First Post
"Even without your parents, you still do have a family, I mean, Teen Justice is part of your family too, aren't they? Even though I'm not officially on Legacy right now, I still think of them as some of my best friends, and even as a family sorta, Yoshi is big Jerk, but he wont let you down, Mark is like our leader, always looking out for everyone, making sure we're ok, and Anika, she's well... Anika, she always has advice if you need it, even if you don't sometimes. I don't have any brother's and sisters, and that makes legacy even more like family."

"Your life sounds very lonely, you remind me of Ryan, your always so serious, it seems like. If you don't loosen up and relax at some point your gonna snap on some thugs and really hurt someone. Here, let me help you relax, at least for a little, tell me song you like and I'll sing it for you. Your not gonna get a better offer, back home people pay all kinds of money to come to my concerts."

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"Even without your parents, you still do have a family, I mean, Teen Justice is part of your family too, aren't they? Even though I'm not officially on Legacy right now, I still think of them as some of my best friends, and even as a family sorta, Yoshi is big Jerk, but he wont let you down, Mark is like our leader, always looking out for everyone, making sure we're ok, and Anika, she's well... Anika, she always has advice if you need it, even if you don't sometimes. I don't have any brother's and sisters, and that makes legacy even more like family."

"Yeah..." he says wiping his hair from his eyes.

Shalimar said:
"Your life sounds very lonely, you remind me of Ryan, your always so serious, it seems like. If you don't loosen up and relax at some point your gonna snap on some thugs and really hurt someone. Here, let me help you relax, at least for a little, tell me song you like and I'll sing it for you. Your not gonna get a better offer, back home people pay all kinds of money to come to my concerts."

"Alright... sing 'I think I love you,' by the Partridge Family; can you handle that?" Nightchild says with a weak smirk.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Ryan sighs, running his hand through his wet hair. "Thing is, I'm not sure they're wrong...I mean, I'm like the only guy on the team who's ever killed anyone. This wasn't the first time, and it's not like I don't know how to hit without killing people."

"Your dad does sound like an ass, but do you guys, you know, stay in touch and all that?" It's been ages since I've seen my family...but Aris sure is acting strangely...it's not like her to talk about herself this way...she seems to use sarcasm as a defense mechanism...like me, I guess.

"As far as me saving your life, well, your warning against Genocide and Red Witch probably saved mine, so that just makes us even. Whatever happened to her anyway? Red Witch, that is..."

"Anyway, it's not like Kal's in some kind of permanent relationship or anything...Karen will eventually leave for home, leaving both of them heartbroken for a few weeks, then they'll find someone new. It happens all the time in high school, really."

Shalimar

First Post
"Wow, that is like ancient even here, and for me thats like 40 years old. If thats what you want though, thats what you'll get." she says, trying to think of the words. Once she has them in mind, she gives herself a small nood, and starts to hum the intro, looking into Nightchilds eyes, singing for him just seemed so intimate, she had never sung for Tommy, well, she'd just have to fix that when she made it home again.

"I'm sleeping
And right in the middle of a good dream
Like all at once I wake up
From something that keeps knockin' at my brain.
Before I go insane I hold my pillow to my head
And spring up in my bed
Screaming out the words I dread:
"I think I love you!"

This morning
I woke up with this feeling
I didn't know how to deal with
And so I just decided to myself
I'd hide it to myself and never talk about it
And didn't I go and shout it
When you walked into my room.
"I think I love you!"

I think I love you.
So what am I so afraid of?
I'm afraid that I'm not sure of
A love there is no cure for.

I think I love you.
Isn't that what life is made of?
Though it worries me to say
I've never felt this way.

I don't know what I'm up against.
I don't know what it's all about.
I got so much to think about.

Hey, I think I love you.
So what am I so afraid of?
I'm afraid that I'm not sure of
A love there is no cure for.

I think I love you.
Isn't that what life is made of?
Though it worries me to say
I've never felt this way.

Believe me,
You really don't have to worry.
I only want to make you happy
And if you say,
"Hey, go away," I will, but I think better stay,
I'd better stay around and love you.
Do you think I have a case?
Let me ask you to your face:
Do you think you love me?

I think I love you.
Oh, I think I love you.
Oh, I think I love you.
Oh, I think I love you.
Oh, I think I love you.
Oh, I think I love you.
Oh, I think I love you.
Oh, I think I love you.
Oh, I think I love you."

she sings, giving him one of her best performances. When shes done, she smiles at him. "So how did I do?"

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Karen

Kal laughs, “Only nice when they give my allowance,” he jokes, “but I enjoy it, getting to be a normal kid is fun.”

Karen giggles, "Like all parents," she tickles him, "You're so lucky, getting the chance to be normal and all."

Tokiwong said:
He listens to Karen before replying, “Well Murder Man was the king of the Olympic City underworld for a time, until we shut him down, along with his lackey Butcher Boy. Kind of funny Butcher Boy and I were in the same History class…” he jokes.

“But yeah he lost Kathy, and it really… he just became so focused afterwards. The guy is just intense now. He is becoming more like Dr. Midnight, by the day; the two make a great team… I just wonder what all the pressure and stress is doing to Nightchild. But so far he seems to be able to handle it. He is one heck of a fighter though, I got the strength, but he has the skill and finesse. And well not everyone here is an “elite” metahuman or whatever. I mean Danger Girl and Nightchild are human, well exceptional but human nonetheless.”

"Poor guy, I hope he can get over it someday, he's too young to be so bitter," she says compassionately, her eyes widen when Kal says that some of them are baselines, "They are baselines? Wow and they fight like we do?"

Remove ads