• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy Issue #9 "Innocence Lost" - Part 3

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
“I think there is a time and a place for everything,” Aris replies. She laughs when Ryan mentions her father, “I try not to speak with him, we are not on good terms.”

“You are right, but that does not change that at least for right now, we can’t have a moment. You are from another world, and so am I, we look different, we are different, yet we are alike. I don’t know, just right now,” she wraps her arms around Ryan, “I just don’t want to feel like I am alone…”

She leans in for a kiss…

Ryan, realizing what was happening, pushes Aris away from him more forcefully than he expected. "You're not alone, you have all kinds of friends here," he says weakly. What's gotten into Aris? Is she trying to make other people miserable or what? This is getting to be like a soap opera or something.

"Sorry, but as you said, I'm dating Anika right now, and besides, you're acting very strange. Did something happen while we were all gone, or what?"

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Karen

Kal smiles after the kiss, “Cute, yeah I do need some rest. Don’t go anywhere," he jokes before giving her a kiss and heading off to his room for some well deserved sleep.

"Night," Karen smiles at him as he goes, What to do all night?, she sits back and listens to the conversation between Gadget and James.

Tokiwong

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Ryan, realizing what was happening, pushes Aris away from him more forcefully than he expected. "You're not alone, you have all kinds of friends here," he says weakly. What's gotten into Aris? Is she trying to make other people miserable or what? This is getting to be like a soap opera or something.

Aris pauses, surpised by the shove.

Hammerhead said:
"Sorry, but as you said, I'm dating Anika right now, and besides, you're acting very strange. Did something happen while we were all gone, or what?"

"Just leave me alone..." she says and flies off into the night sky very quickly.

Kelly

“My grandma would love it, she enjoys company,” Nightchild says, “by the way I will have to get changed before I see my grandma, so call me Charlie when we are at my place. I don’t want her to know I am the amazing Nightchild… her poor heart may not be able to take it.”

Nightchild… Charlie heads back to his house with Kelly for some good food and embarrassing stories with Grandma. It promises to be an entertaining evening, for some at least.

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Aya recoils back, “I am sorry, I was just… I thought, you know.”
"You thought what?" Mark asks, genuinely at a loss.

She sighs, “This friend of yours back home, is more then just a friend huh?”
"N- No. We're just friends." Mark insists. "What is it with you girls? I mean can I go anywhere without one of you pawing over me? I don't get it."

Cassie

Cassie looks up at the sky as she pauses in her writing. Part of her is curious as to how this world is differnet, historically than her own, but mostly she's just trying to figure out some things about herself as she writes.

"A new world.." she says quietly looking out at the lights and listening to the city noises. She could close her eyes, and it would be just like Atlanta was her first few months she lived there. She still missed it, staying with the detective who was her foster parent for a while. He liked to grill burgers in his back yard and play minature golf with her. She could almost understand what it was like to have a family for real after spending those few days with him and his wife.

"I wonder if they'd take me back." she asks herself as she looks up into the sky.

OOC: bascilly she's just writing and being interspective waiting for someone to come along and talk with her if they like or the next monster/villian attack

Tokiwong

First Post
Samnell said:
"You thought what?" Mark asks, genuinely at a loss.

Danger Girl sighs and stands up, "If I have to answer that, then I can't help you. Why are all the hot ones soooo dumb."

Samnell said:
"N- No. We're just friends." Mark insists. "What is it with you girls? I mean can I go anywhere without one of you pawing over me? I don't get it."

"Well maybe because you are probably the hottest guy I have ever seen... I don't know... whatever... what are you gay?" Danger Girl stretches and walks out, "See yah..."

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
"Well maybe because you are probably the hottest guy I have ever seen... I don't know... whatever... what are you gay?" Danger Girl stretches and walks out, "See yah..."
"I'm not-" Mark gives up when Danger Girl walks out. "Why does every girl think I want to have sex with her two minutes after we meet?" he sighs. Couldn't he be just be friends with girls?

And I'm ready to kill someone for a pool and a swimsuit. Maybe just the pool. Giving up the issue as lost, Mark blunders around until he finds his way to one of the promised spare beds.

Shalimar

First Post
"We'll, we can't disappoint your grandma," Kelly agrees smiling. "Thanks for being willing to share your name, I know its probably a big deal. I'd tell you that my name is Kelly, but you already know, and telling you my code name is Tempest doesn't really do it either, so thank you, I wont betray your trust." she promises the masked crime fighter.

After she waits for him to change, Kelly smiles at Charlie. "Your a cutie without your mask, if you were in my world fighting crime, you wouldn't need it. Its almost a crime to cover up your face." she says grinning. "Now tell me about your grandma, I bet she's wondeful, I never met any of my grand parents, my parents were like kinda old when they had me. I mean, they look like people so much younger then they are, but I think thats Mom's luck powers making them age in the best possible way." she explains, eager to meet Charlie's grandma.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"We'll, we can't disappoint your grandma," Kelly agrees smiling. "Thanks for being willing to share your name, I know its probably a big deal. I'd tell you that my name is Kelly, but you already know, and telling you my code name is Tempest doesn't really do it either, so thank you, I wont betray your trust." she promises the masked crime fighter.

"Thanks," Charlie says as he leads Kelly to his home, a two story in a quaint neighborhood on hills over looking the bay. He breathes a slight sigh, and walks inside grabbing his backpack, neatly hidden, on the way in.

Shalimar said:
After she waits for him to change, Kelly smiles at Charlie. "Your a cutie without your mask, if you were in my world fighting crime, you wouldn't need it. Its almost a crime to cover up your face." she says grinning. "Now tell me about your grandma, I bet she's wondeful, I never met any of my grand parents, my parents were like kinda old when they had me. I mean, they look like people so much younger then they are, but I think thats Mom's luck powers making them age in the best possible way." she explains, eager to meet Charlie's grandma.

"I will just let-" he says, but is cut off.

Grandma walks in a large woman with a round bright face, and wrinkles that accentuate her age and wisdom, or perceived wisdom in her almond eyes. Her cream white hair is worn in short curls and she shakes her head disapprovingly at Charlie, “Now look at you, soaked to the bone young man, and this poor waif of a girl, what have you been doing traipsing about, I swear!”

She sighs ushering the two youths into the room, and promptly orders Charlie to get changed and gets warm fluffy towels for Kelly. She seats her and sighs, “That boy, are you a friend of his?”

The evening of course is quite entertaining as Grandma insists that once you are both cleaned up, everyone plays Scrabble. She is full of life, and Charlie actually relaxes, and although he wins the game easily, everyone has fun. Charlie introduces Kelly as a friend from school, and Grandma immediately shows Kelly all kinds of pictures of Charlie growing up, his numerous academic awards, and the like.

Grandma even gives Kelly a nice warm bed in the guest room, although somewhat unnerved when Charlie explains that her parents are out of town on business she does not judge, and does her best to make Kelly at ease.

Ryan

Ryan follows and Aris looks back, and she turns invisible without answering… leaving him alone in the rain amidst the night sky; his glowing form easily visible over the city. Miracle Girl is gone… or at least beyond his capability to find…

In the Morning

The teens at Teen Justice Tower have a pleasant smell of bacon, eggs, and Belgium waffles prepared by Gadget and Velocity Girl. With some heal from Kal, albeit he set the table. The two girls even got Karen involved with the morning festivities in cooking the rather large meal.

Danger Girl is on the couch watching TV, and looking a rather annoyed mood. Thor is nowhere to be found, and the day is clear and beautiful compared to the dreary rain of the following day.

The radio is on and a snippet of news catches some ears, “And in other news looks like The Bestiary was taken down by Teen Justice and a group of unknown lawless vigilantes. Both Manticore and Behemoth are in custody, but Undine is still at large. The leader of this group of mercenaries Chimera was killed on the scene by an as of yet unidentified vigilante! Police have issued a city-wide alert to track down this individual and question him about the murder of Chimera!”

Gadget sighs, “Oh this isn’t good…”

Anika

Anika wakes up from a pleasant night of sleep, the ground was soft and comforting, and she was at ease at least physically. She has to blink her eyes because something furry is nuzzling her face. It looks like a very fluffy and cute cross between a rabbit and a cat, about the size of a kitten.

She sees Cantrip in meditation towards the center of the clearing…

Kelly

Kelly wakes up on a warm bed with Miles Davis playing in the background. Sunlight creeps through the window, and Grandma is already up cooking breakfast. She can hear Charlie’s voice as he assists her, the two are talking about what colleges Charlie is applying for.

Remove ads