• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy Issue #9 "Innocence Lost" - Part 3

Agamon

Adventurer
Anika looks at the doorway in front of her, then at Cantrip, and then back at the doorway. "Um, okay, thank you," she says, trying to smile, before stepping through the doorway.

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
Anika looks at the doorway in front of her, then at Cantrip, and then back at the doorway. "Um, okay, thank you," she says, trying to smile, before stepping through the doorway.

Cantrip follows and the doorway seals behind him. The two are standing on a hill overlooking a pastoral glade, with thick tall trees surrounding the glade. Although it seems to extend forever, Anika can easily see through that illusion and see that there are finite limits to this pocket world…

Cantrip pulls back his hood revealing his elfin features once more, “This is a small piece of my world, before Omega consumed it. This is a memory made manifest, a place I come for peace and solitude,” he rasps.

The air is cool against the skin, but pleasant and it seems idyllic despite the confines of the place it extends perhaps a few miles in all directions before it hits barriers of sparkling darkness.

Cantrip smiles weakly, “Do you require food or anything?”

Karen

“I am sure he will, but he wears it like a badge of guilt, I mean in his eye sshe wouldn’t have died if it was because of him. Murder Man was using her to get to him… and the he killed her out of spite when we ruined his organization…” Kal says solemnly.

Jimmy looks around, “I am going to get some sleep, night.”

Kelly

Nightchild listens to the song as she nears the end he is in tears, and turns away from her. He speaks softly, “That was her favorite song… she loved that stupid song… I am sorry, I need a second.”

Ryan

“I think there is a time and a place for everything,” Aris replies. She laughs when Ryan mentions her father, “I try not to speak with him, we are not on good terms.”

“You are right, but that does not change that at least for right now, we can’t have a moment. You are from another world, and so am I, we look different, we are different, yet we are alike. I don’t know, just right now,” she wraps her arms around Ryan, “I just don’t want to feel like I am alone…”

She leans in for a kiss…

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
James aka Traveller

Tokiwong said:
James

Kiyana having returned to her normal form curls up close to James and rests her head on his shoulder, dozing off quite quickly. Just like the rest of the Legacy teens, she is tired, and just ready to relax after the rollercoaster ride they have been through.

Gadget flops on the couch and starts eating popcorn next to James, “You guys are a cute couple, want some popcorn? You ever play any Dungeon’s & Dragons? Do you like it here? Sorry just curious,” she says with a cheesy grin.

James smiles back and laughs a bit, and then speaking quietly so as not to wake Kiyana "Curiosity is a good thing. Yea we get a bit of trash talk from the others cause they think were "so cute". Popcorn would be fine with me. Ah is that a roles playing game? Pen and paper or something like that? Ever sense VRRP was developed I like most of face-to-face type board games and stuff sort of fell by the way side. But yea this reality is pretty cool if you ask me, although I don't think Kiyana does. Back home, well there are some really bad terrorists, they just recently blew my Mexico City... millions of people died. To make a political point. I mean when I found out about my powers and stuff I thought I would be a superhero like in the comics I had read growing up... but well, it an't that there... it more like a business or just a job. We get paid, more then I could ever imagine getting paid for anything. But here, you guys like all wear customs and have code names that you use and secret identities. Any well people don't threat you like rock-stars or freaks... that all we get back home... So what about you? How did you get to be a superhero? Why do you do it? I mean I assume it not for money and well that is really cool… wish something like that was the norm back home…"

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Karen

“I am sure he will, but he wears it like a badge of guilt, I mean in his eye sshe wouldn’t have died if it was because of him. Murder Man was using her to get to him… and the he killed her out of spite when we ruined his organization…” Kal says solemnly.

Jimmy looks around, “I am going to get some sleep, night.”

"That's awful," Karen exlaims, "I hope they locked him in the darkest, deepest cell they have. Why would Murder Man use an innocent person like that? That's just horrible," she shakes her head sadly.

"Night Jimmy, thanks for helping us fight Red Witch," she smiles at him, before returning her attention to Kal, "Shouldn't you get some sleep as well? I mean you are a god but I know you still sleep and Red Witch did something really awful to you," she thinks for a moment, smiling at him with a mischievous look in her eyes, "Actually you are my god," she presses her ruby lips on his, remembering the others in the room she blushes.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
Cantrip follows and the doorway seals behind him. The two are standing on a hill overlooking a pastoral glade, with thick tall trees surrounding the glade. Although it seems to extend forever, Anika can easily see through that illusion and see that there are finite limits to this pocket world…

Cantrip pulls back his hood revealing his elfin features once more, “This is a small piece of my world, before Omega consumed it. This is a memory made manifest, a place I come for peace and solitude,” he rasps.

The air is cool against the skin, but pleasant and it seems idyllic despite the confines of the place it extends perhaps a few miles in all directions before it hits barriers of sparkling darkness.

Cantrip smiles weakly, “Do you require food or anything?”

As Anika looks around at the glade, she smiles slightly, but without effort this time. "It's beautiful," she says. Her smile disappears as she looks at Cantrip. "You-you lost your whole world? I'm sorry...my...problems seems so stupid compared to that..." Despite what she says, she looks away as a tear slides down her cheek.

"No, I'm not hungry," she mumbles as she crumples to the ground, exhausted. "I just need to rest, I think."

Tokiwong

First Post
Karl Green said:
James smiles back and laughs a bit, and then speaking quietly so as not to wake Kiyana "Curiosity is a good thing. Yea we get a bit of trash talk from the others cause they think were "so cute". Popcorn would be fine with me. Ah is that a roles playing game? Pen and paper or something like that? Ever sense VRRP was developed I like most of face-to-face type board games and stuff sort of fell by the way side. But yea this reality is pretty cool if you ask me, although I don't think Kiyana does. Back home, well there are some really bad terrorists, they just recently blew my Mexico City... millions of people died. To make a political point. I mean when I found out about my powers and stuff I thought I would be a superhero like in the comics I had read growing up... but well, it an't that there... it more like a business or just a job. We get paid, more then I could ever imagine getting paid for anything. But here, you guys like all wear customs and have code names that you use and secret identities. Any well people don't threat you like rock-stars or freaks... that all we get back home... So what about you? How did you get to be a superhero? Why do you do it? I mean I assume it not for money and well that is really cool… wish something like that was the norm back home…"

Gadget listens, “So you guys lost Mexico City too? Odd… but not really now that I am putting together the scenario. Overseer tried to pierce through to your world and broke through, sort of. Both of worlds came into alignment, and in Mexico City… they existed in the same time and space… utterly annihilating them.”

She sits back… “Wow… interesting.”

Gadget finally replies to James, “Well I am a mutant of sorts. I can build just about anything I can put my mind to; it is pretty cool. When I figured I had that ability I might as well put it to good use… well a little… I sort of fell in with a bad crowd at first… but I got out of that real quick.”

Karen

Kal smiles after the kiss, “Cute, yeah I do need some rest. Don’t go anywhere," he jokes before giving her a kiss and heading off to his room for some well deserved sleep.

Anika

Cantrip nods, “Just sleep then,” a blanket and pillow materializes into his hands and he hands them to Anika, “when you are ready to return, just say, Vespertine Luna, and you should be on your way home.

“Good night,” he waves his hand floats toward a tree to sleep away the evening himself…

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
"Night...and thank you." Anika takes the blanket and pillow and settles down on the ground with them. Normally, she'd have prefered a bed, but this area really was very nice, not to mention that at this point she could fall asleep hanging upside down over a pit of lava.

She lays down, and though she's quite woozy, she can't help but think about what happened today. "It's all been a lie. I can't believe I've been fooling myself like this." Her mind continues to wander for a while before she finally falls asleep.

Shalimar

First Post
Kelly

Nightchild listens to the song as she nears the end he is in tears, and turns away from her. He speaks softly, “That was her favorite song… she loved that stupid song… I am sorry, I need a second.”
"Aww, Nightchild, don't be sad. Anyone who liked that song was a happy person, and no one who was happy enough for that song would want you to be sad." the teen says, wondering who the heck Nightchild was talking about. She gives the masked super hero a hug, and leaves her arm around him, trying to comfort him, she had the feeling he didn't get hugged very often.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"Aww, Nightchild, don't be sad. Anyone who liked that song was a happy person, and no one who was happy enough for that song would want you to be sad." the teen says, wondering who the heck Nightchild was talking about. She gives the masked super hero a hug, and leaves her arm around him, trying to comfort him, she had the feeling he didn't get hugged very often.
Nightchild spends a few minutes getting his composure, “Wow that was good Kelly, thanks,” he returns the hug hesitantly, “She was a happy person, Kathy was the best person I ever knew. She was my center in ways, and then… she just became another victim.”

“Life isn’t fair, she was so young, it should have been me,” he sighs.

He looks up at the full moon beaming through the dark clouds, and the rain, “I should really head home, you want to come, my grandma makes the best cookies,” he says still looking up.

Shalimar

First Post
"Thank you, I've been singing since I was little, I really just had my career take off two years ago." Kelly says, smiling at the compliment. Then gasps when Nightchild tells her what happened. With tears falling down her face she hugs him again.

"Thats awful, but its not your fault, you can't control the bad guys, all you can do is stop them when you can. No one can do everything, not even a god."

"I...yes, I'd love some cookies, its been the kind of day were I just want to curl up with a half gallon of ice cream and eat my way into a triple chocolate marshmellow oblivian. If it wont be any trouble or anything I mean."

Remove ads