Generation Legacy Issue #9 "Innocence Lost" - Part 3

Agamon

Adventurer
Anika stretches, finally feeling rested for the first time in a while. She looks at the cute little animal and smiles. It takes a moment before she remembers where she is and that yesterday was real, not some nightmare. Her smile quickly fades.

She sees Cantrip meditating and doesn't disturb him. She sits up, drawing her knees up under chin, clasping her arms in front of her, and watches him. Today was Tuesday, or it would be in her world, at least. A morning ritual prayer to Tyr was how she'd normally have started her day. With that thought, she buries her face in her knees and starts to sob.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Ryan curses as Aris flees. "What was that all about?" Ryan asks the empty night sky. Probably because she seems to get rejected by just about everyone, especially when her competition is a walking, talking mass of stone from another dimension. It's at least understandable when I do it. Still, it seemed like her every word was in an effort to...to what? Whatever, she was still acting funny...

...hell no...this is getting from bad to worse. I really need to find out what happened back there. I hope I'm wrong...
Ryan thinks, as he makes his way back to the Teen Justice Tower, familiarizing himself with Olympic City during the night with an aerial view.

He walks in to the smell of breakfast...it smells good, but Ryan's stomach is unmoved. "Good morning," he says to the ladies and Kal. "Does anyone know where the heck are Cassie and Anika, because I need to talk to them. Anyway, did Aris come back last night?"

Listening to the news clip, Ryan shakes his head, his face falling. "No, it isn't. I shouldn't be too hard to find, either," he laughs with a touch of black humor. Well, considering I just saved Olympic City from a terrorist nerve-gassing plot, no jury in the world will convict me of manslaughter, much less murder. It's not like I went picking a fight or anything. "The biggest problem I see is my lack of identification...I mean, I have a driver license and social security number and everything, but it's all ten years too early." If, of course, any of these jerks care about any problems facing me. I guess they're all too busy with their self-righteous silent anger directed at me. Screw them, I don't regret killing that bastard.

Samnell

Explorer
Mark heaved one last time into the broken, dirty toilet and an unforgiving hand yanked him away from it. Mark fell backwards bonelessly and hit his head hard on the wall. The pain paled before the yawning ache inside him. Two giant, merciless hands came down and hauled him up against the wall. One grabbed his throat to keep him up while the other slapped him twice across the face before seizing him by the worn belt of his badly worn, too-small pants and hurling him out of the bathroom.

"Gonna do it now?" the voice attached to the hands demanded. "Learn something this time?"

"Please..." Mark groaned and started shaking again.

"Want it? Gotta settle your debts," the voice told Mark smugly. He started to curl into a ball, but nodded almost compulsively. Something cool rushed through him and he couldn't remember why he hesitated.

Mark woke with a graceless lunge off the side of the bed, but he was up on his feet in a tenth of a second, desperately running his hands over his body looking for bruises, scars, and needles. Finding none on his arms or torso, he steeled himself and looked elsewhere. It was a dream. It wasn't real. I don't have to do anything. I don't need anything. I'm ok. I'm ok. I'm rich and I have powers. I'm ok.

Listening to the news clip, Ryan shakes his head, his face falling. "No, it isn't. I shouldn't be too hard to find, either," he laughs with a touch of black humor. Well, considering I just saved Olympic City from a terrorist nerve-gassing plot, no jury in the world will convict me of manslaughter, much less murder. It's not like I went picking a fight or anything. "The biggest problem I see is my lack of identification...I mean, I have a driver license and social security number and everything, but it's all ten years too early."
Mark walked in just in time to hear Ryan. "What's wrong?"

Aenion

First Post
Karen was very happy to help out, she might not be able to eat anything anymore but she loved the smells of bacon and waffles, she also still remembered her grandmother's recipe for Belgian waffles and was eager to share it and try it out.

"Morning Ryan," she greets him but doesn't say anything else as he enters, just when the newsbroadcast begins, she listens carefully and shakes her head at Ryan's comments when it's over, when Mark walks in, "Morning Mark. Th-the police is looking for Ryan and the ... the media th-thinks that the rest of us are l-lawless vigilantes."

She looks back at Ryan, her saphire eyes shining angrily, "You're biggest worry is your lack of identification? What you did yesterday has a bad effect on all of us, it's even giving Teen Justice a bad name," no sign of her usual nervous stutter as she speaks, "Is there any shred of remorse in that angry head of yours?"

ooc: I noticed she's actually the eldest of the bunch (except for maybe Ryan I don't know what age a highschool senior is) and I figured she should start to take up the role a little, not that I'll be able to pull it off though :\

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Kelly wakes from her sleep to the sounds if Miles Davis, and she cannot help but smile at everything that had happened the night before. The scrabble was fun, especially since it wasn't her and two people who's IQs were literally off the scale. The popstar decided she really did like Grandma, a lot. The old woman was too friendly and full of life not to like. The blond rises, and puts Velocity Girls jeans and top back on, and todders off into the kitchen, following her nose to the smells of food. She rubs her eyes and smiles at Charlie and his Grandma, not really wanting to interrupt their conversation. She does say hi though, and even offers to help make breakfast, something she hasn't done before, what with her servants and all.

Samnell

Explorer
Mark recoils from Karen's upbraiding Ryan.

"That's not really fair. We had a whole city at stake and didn't have time to waste on love taps. I'm sure everyone would rather that guy hadn't died, but he did I'm not sorry Ryan did all he could to save the population. We'll just have to sort things out with the police if it comes to that.

Tokiwong said:
In the Morning

The teens at Teen Justice Tower have a pleasant smell of bacon, eggs, and Belgium waffles prepared by Gadget and Velocity Girl. With some heal from Kal, albeit he set the table. The two girls even got Karen involved with the morning festivities in cooking the rather large meal.

Danger Girl is on the couch watching TV, and looking a rather annoyed mood. Thor is nowhere to be found, and the day is clear and beautiful compared to the dreary rain of the following day.

The radio is on and a snippet of news catches some ears, “And in other news looks like The Bestiary was taken down by Teen Justice and a group of unknown lawless vigilantes. Both Manticore and Behemoth are in custody, but Undine is still at large. The leader of this group of mercenaries Chimera was killed on the scene by an as of yet unidentified vigilante! Police have issued a city-wide alert to track down this individual and question him about the murder of Chimera!”

Gadget sighs, “Oh this isn’t good…”
Cassie walks in on the radio broadcast. "Indeed it isn't.. Ryan isn't a bad person, he's just.. off center and without focus." she says as she looks around for a plate to fill on her own. "I tried to talk to him about it in teh past, but he's pretty much blown me off. I think partially because of my circumstances with Yoshi and partly because he doubts with my lack of life experience that I can understand what he is going though." Starts piling her plate with food as she looks to the others.

Aenion

First Post
Samnell said:
Mark recoils from Karen's upbraiding Ryan.

"That's not really fair. We had a whole city at stake and didn't have time to waste on love taps. I'm sure everyone would rather that guy hadn't died, but he did I'm not sorry Ryan did all he could to save the population. We'll just have to sort things out with the police if it comes to that.

Karen hesitates, Mark's rebutal seems to affect her a lot, she was ready to defend herself from Ryan but she hadn't expected this, "I ... I'm very glad h-he helped to save the city, but th-that man is still dead. H-how can you ever justify that?" she looks at Ryan again, the angry sheen in her eyes replaced by sadness, "You n-never showed any form of regret, it... it's like it m-means nothing to you,"

ooc: super-charisma is bad for this girl's selfesteem

Samnell

Explorer
Aenion said:
Karen hesitates, Mark's rebutal seems to affect her a lot, she was ready to defend herself from Ryan but she hadn't expected this, "I ... I'm very glad h-he helped to save the city, but th-that man is still dead. H-how can you ever justify that?"
"I justify it with all the other people who aren't dead," Mark answers. "It's rough, but Ryan didn't kill that guy because he got off on it. He did it because he had to do it to save all the people in the city who didn't want to help out with gassing it."

OOC: Mark so rarely uses his super-cha for anything more than attracting the unwanted advances of women. :)

Aenion

First Post
Samnell said:
"I justify it with all the other people who aren't dead," Mark answers. "It's rough, but Ryan didn't kill that guy because he got off on it. He did it because he had to do it to save all the people in the city who didn't want to help out with gassing it."

OOC: Mark so rarely uses his super-cha for anything more than attracting the unwanted advances of women. :)

"I-I guess y-you're right, I just ... I-I don't know anymore," she shakes her head looking very confused, and walks off to the living room and sits down to stare at the TV, her arms wrapped around her legs and her chin resting on her knees, Ryan probably saved the city ... maybe he didn't ... maybe the city was already safe ... Ryan killed Chimera ... but he wanted to murder an entire city... Why am I so angry with Ryan? ... Is it because of... no ... I don't want to think about it... How could I ever have done something like that? ... I'm not a killer.

Remove ads