George R.R. Martin novel news

Rydac

Explorer
The latest installment in the A Song of Fire and Ice series....maybe more popularly known as the Game of Thrones series......is finished.

But there is a catch which you can read all about under A Feast for Crows over at George's site http://georgerrmartin.com/

Aris Dragonborn

First Post
Memo to Mr. Martin (and Mr. Jordan, too):

While I am anticipating the next books in A Song of Ice and Fire and The Wheel of Time, it's frustrating that the number of books in these series grew beyond what was originally stated, i.e. Wheel of Time was originally slated to be 6 or 7 books, IIRC. As it now stands, WoT looks to end after 12 books, with the volume succeeding Knife of Dreams.

Please understand that I have an enormous amount of respect for anyone who undertakes the writing of a novel - especially a fantasy novel. Creating your own world, the races, the kingdoms, the cultures, and doing it in a way that resonates with the reader and keeps them enthralled with your story is extremely difficult (I'm still struggling creating my world!).

I don't for a second believe all the claims that Mr. Jordan is dragging the series out in order to make more money. I don't think Mr. Martin is doing it either. I think that they found themselves with more story and plot lines than they initially thought they had. But I can't help but feel that if these two gentlemen had utilized an outline in the planning stages of their respective series, things might have gone more smoothly.

Looking forward (eagerly) to Knife of Dreams, A Feast of Crows, and A Dance with Dragons.

P.S. Anyone got a line on what the final volume of The Wheel of Time will be called? Just curious.

Last edited:

Methinkus

First Post
Woot!

I'm at the edge of my British chair waiting for this story! However . . .

. . . shouldnt this be in the Fantasy Movies Novels and TV forum?

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Well, given that there is some exponential growth happening, the last book will certainly beat the encyclopedia britannica in size. :p

Bye
Thanee

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Aris Dragonborn said:
Memo to Mr. Martin (and Mr. Jordan, too):

P.S. Anyone got a line on what the final volume of The Wheel of Time will be called? Just curious.

The title will be............ Wait Till The 14 Prequels Come Out

Snowy

Explorer
you know how eagerly I've been waiting for this!!!

My sister and the people she lives with started lending the books out to everyone that visited them about 6 months ago, just so they had more people who understood why they were anxiously awaiting the next one :)

p.s. anyone read/reading "age of misrule" bu mark chadbourn?

Remove ads