D&D 5E Get The Vecna Dossier Free At D&D Beyond

WotC is offering a free product which you can claim by signing into D&D Beyond, including Vecna’s 5E statistics. The dossier includes the stat block plus a half page or so of lore. Vecna's stat block is a CR 26 undead wizard, prior to the fallen paladin (and former bodyguard to the lich) Kas's betrayal. That means he still has his hand and eye, although he is a time traveller and can appear...

WotC is offering a free product which you can claim by signing into D&D Beyond, including Vecna’s 5E statistics.

The dossier includes the stat block plus a half page or so of lore. Vecna's stat block is a CR 26 undead wizard, prior to the fallen paladin (and former bodyguard to the lich) Kas's betrayal. That means he still has his hand and eye, although he is a time traveller and can appear in different worlds and eras.

87B34E29-DBB2-431B-8175-68D2BF94F8EF.jpeg

The archlich Vecna is one of the most iconic villains of Dungeons & Dragons lore. And now you can bear witness to his necromantic magic with the Vecna Dossier! Available at no cost with your D&D Beyond account, this thrilling supplement details the legacy and statistics of the Undying King himself!

This claim unlocks the contents of this promotional supplement for use with D&D Beyond, including the supplement in digital format in the game compendium and in the searchable listings, character builder, encounters, and digital sheet.

R_J_K75

Legend
There is zero doubt that WOTC is going full on subscription based. I am sure Hasbro would love to do away with all physical prints, and use DBB as their electronic portal for sub based availability to all D&D material.
If this is the case then consider me done. I want physical books or nothing. Im not buying into a subscription only based system. They will probably lose more than a few customers if they go this route.

darjr

I crit!
Oh, and Vecna's stat block....I see it is in the new format that came out with the latest book.

It is still a ludicrously under-powered CR 26. As well as the spell casting abilities are stupidly underwhelming. By RAW, all spells are cast at the lowest level, so that means the at will Lightning Bolt = 8d6 = 28/14, and Lighting Bolt is a fairly ineffective spell to start with. Vecna should have Power Word Kill, Fireball as an Upcast Spell at the very least. Oh, and the lore in this attached writeup has bits about Venca traveling through time. Seems to me that such a being would have Time Stop as a spell.

But at least it has 5 LR's.
Just let him use the Book then he’ll have any spell you want to give him, by the written rules. That is if you dint want to just give him all spells.

so going over it a bit more a DM that really maximizes can make this a challenge for a 15thish level party of 4... especially in my case since we are always top heavy with casters. By himself I wouldn't want to throw him against a 17th+ level party though.

I may have him walk through my curse of strand campaign around level 10.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
If this is the case then consider me done. I want physical books or nothing. Im not buying into a subscription only based system. They will probably lose more than a few customers if they go this route.
What makes anyone think they won't print books? Given they are huge sellers? Really, what evidence does anyone have? WotC always gave away free stuff online before.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Folks, WotC isn’t going away from printed books.

The PHB is in the top 100 of all books on Amazon. Again, again, again.
Yes, the printed books aren't going anywhere. However, I wouldn't be surprised at all if, come 2024, all new material will be available electronically by subscription and not by purchase.

Remove ads

Remove ads