D&D 4E Get WotC 4e's Online Character Builder to work or get a sub

MwaO

Adventurer
What do you mean by 'type at speed and it will get everything'?

I find if I'm typing too fast in Firefox, it will somehow lose letters. So if I'm searching for say expertise in feats, it will get the 1st letter and the last letter of whatever I typed and the number of times I typed. So Eeeeeeeee instead of Expertise. And Sea Monkey doesn't do that.

darkbard

Legend
Anyone else having problems getting the Compendium to work? Yesterday I was getting runtime errors on some (but not all) entries. Now, searches won't return any results. I use Chrome as my default but also tried IE. The Builder still seems to function in IE for what it's worth.

MwaO

Adventurer
Anyone else having problems getting the Compendium to work? Yesterday I was getting runtime errors on some (but not all) entries. Now, searches won't return any results. I use Chrome as my default but also tried IE. The Builder still seems to function in IE for what it's worth.

I'm having issues also. Tried to submit a help ticket and their captcha won't receive data to allow it to be submitted. So maybe it is a weekend server problem that ought to get fixed tomorrow.

Character Builder and DDI Compendium don't appear to break at the same time usually, so maybe they don't share the same server for whatever reason.

Probably a good idea to bug them on Twitter/Facebook, etc...

darkbard

Legend
I'm having issues also. Tried to submit a help ticket and their captcha won't receive data to allow it to be submitted. So maybe it is a weekend server problem that ought to get fixed tomorrow.

Character Builder and DDI Compendium don't appear to break at the same time usually, so maybe they don't share the same server for whatever reason.

Probably a good idea to bug them on Twitter/Facebook, etc...

Glad to know it's not just me! Every time something like this happens, I fly into a minipanic, fearing this time it really does portend the death of the online tools.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Glad to know it's not just me! Every time something like this happens, I fly into a minipanic, fearing this time it really does portend the death of the online tools.

Nods desktop tools change less frequently but an OS update can be scary too. I need to build my own online gadget I can fix at will.

Remove ads