Getting tired of hearing "Grognard" and "Nostalgia"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoat

Adventurer
[MENTION=91812]ForeverSlayer[/MENTION]: Arguing with jerks on the internet is a futile exercise that will only leave you frustrated, angry and unfulfilled.

@ Everybody Responding to ForeverSlayer: Arguing with jerks on the internet is a futile exercise that will only leave you frustrated, angry and unfulfilled.

Last edited:

Grognard as a derogatory term I wouldn't apply to people who are nostalgic or prefer earlier editions. Grognards in the bad sense are defined not by their preferences but by their behavior, namely complaining about the new edition in places frequented by fans of the current edition and arguing that that edition's fans are wrong for preferring it.

Scipio0420

First Post
Grognard as a derogatory term I wouldn't apply to people who are nostalgic or prefer earlier editions. Grognards in the bad sense are defined not by their preferences but by their behavior, namely complaining about the new edition in places frequented by fans of the current edition and arguing that that edition's fans are wrong for preferring it.
Yep, as I've learned over the years at the WotC forums, thecasualoblivion is usually right. In this case, he's right on the money. It's not just liking older editions that makes someone a grognard (at least not in a bad way) it's a kneejerk reaction to the new edition just because it's a new edition. That's an attitude I haven't seen much of lately, although I have encountered it once or twice (not on here or WotC though, IRL.)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Thread close for edition warring and general jerkiness.

ForeverSlayer, you are setting a new record number of times someone is reported in their own thread. Please pick less inflammatory topics in the future.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
You claim Dannager made an anti-PF post yet failed to mention anything by ....

Someone here apparently thinks, "best behavior," means, "publicly calling out individuals as trolls." He won't be back in this discussion.

If anyone else wants to continue edition warring, please, just voluntarily take a break from the site for a few days, to save us the trouble of banning you.

Edit: Ah, simulmod action!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads