• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ghosts of Dragonspear castle & Princes of the Apocalypse?

HobbitFan

Explorer
Is there supposed to be a linkage between the upcoming Princes of the Apocalypse storyline and the elemental key plan the Red Wizards had going on in the Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle module?

I was reading though the Ghosts of Dragonspear castle adventure today and it mentioned the elemental princes, elemental keys, elemental altars and such which apparently figured into the Sundering-themed Encounters season(which I don't have and haven't played BTW). So I wondering if the hardback adventure coming up is going to link to the encounter stuff too.

Anybody read through or played through this and know if its going to be influencing stuff forward into the next few months?

There was lots of Elemental Evil stuff in Dragon and Dungeon magazine before they went on Hiatus. A little before the playtest ended. So they probably wanted to do an elemental Prince thing for a while.

Anyway not to none of the details of the adventure are out yet so we don't know if their is a connection.

Fildrigar

Explorer
The Red Wizards are not the force behind the plot in Princes of the Apocalypse. While they both appear to deal with the power of the elements, the new book appears to be more about Elemental Evil, not a shadowy Red Wizard plot.

It's not impossible. The keys were the MacGuffin of both Dragonspear and the couple of Red Wizard adventures (albeit loosely). They might be making a return.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads