• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Giants of Legend

Renshai

First Post
I got my first pack of Giants of Legend (along with Eberron) today. The miniatures are really getting much better. My "giant" creature was a Cloud Giant, and while the paint job was fairly simplisitc, it was good enough.

The smaller minis really look good. The zombie and Eberk really stand out, and the Inspiring Marshal isn't far behind.

Ren

I got 4 boxes...man these rock. Bullete, Storm Giant, Treant, and Nightwalker(woo!)...plus some pretty good rares and a Dire Rat! Yay! These things are great, and the Storm Giant really IS Giant

d20Dwarf

Explorer
I got a Bulette, probably the last thing I wanted. :(( But it's fantastic, and I did get a Stone Golem which looks totally awesome.

Jeb McDonald

First Post
Got 2 cases today. Opened up 10 packs so far. Wife and kids will give me the other case for Father's Day (it was so nice of them!). So far, I'm very pleased, both with the paint jobs and the distribution. I've got every common and uncommon in the set, 8 different rares, and 8 different Huge minis (again, this is out of 10 boxes).
Very jealous of a buddy of mine. He paid for the other 2 boxes of my first case. Got Snurre and the Frost Giant as his rares and the Bulette and Huge Red Dragon as his huge minis!
The repeat minis (werewolf, zombie) look much better than the previous sets. This set isn't perfect (Blue Slaad looks a bit childish), but I keep seeing improvements.

Demmero

Explorer
I couldn't hold out and bought 2 packs on my way home from work, hoping for a red dragon. Sure enough, I open Pack #1 and see this big red tail down at the bottom of the box!!

Turned out to be a fiendish tyrannosaurus. :(

Still a pretty nice-looking figure, though. Got the treant for my other huge guy.

No duplicates at all in the 2 packs I bought, which is nice. I'll also compliment WotC on the paint jobs; they are improving.

talinthas

First Post
i bought three boxes today, and got a gold dragon, a cloud giant, and a warforged mecha. All of that pales next to the greatest minature ever, LORD SOTH! =)

In all seriousness, i'm impressed at how much each expansion set has improved in quality since the last. My fire giant, for instance, looks awesome.

ForceUser

Explorer
The neatest minis I got were the frost giant (simply awesome, wish I had 12!) and all the huge ones (treant, formorian x2, fiendish t-rex). The grick is very nice for a common.

The only doubles I got were the Grick(great mini), Warforged Fighter(another great one), and Orc Brute(the only ugh in the set for me). I'd say that's pretty good considering my last 4 Harbinger boxes(including one I grabbed today with these GoL) ALL had Blackguards in them.

Remove ads