D&D General Give my your favorite class abilities

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Another class ability I loved was the Sha'ir ability to gain spells via the Gen(minor genie). At least in theory. The way it was set up in 2e it was too slow for use in combat and it was a spellcasting class. It needed tweaking.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Iirc, the 2e kit book had a shapeshifting Druid where you could alter your form at will. I think it was only partial transformations at Will though?
I just looked it up, thought it was one that turned you into a werewolf but apparently I was thinking of the kit in Baldur's gate. Partial transformations still counted as a use of your changes but you got twice as many changes a day and you got them from level 1.

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
Now I know the OP asked for core options, but I have to share one of the weirdest abilities I've ever seen as a class option. May I present: The Greenwood Ranger!
greenwoodRanger.jpg

This bizarre 2e Ranger Kit allows you to transform into a Treant-like being, gaining features like being able to speak with plants, natural armor, photosynthesis, and sprouting a third arm-like branch from your body, allowing you to triple-wield weapons!

Remove ads