D&D 5E Gladiator: Round 3 (Shayuri vs Thateous)

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Shayuri, what square did you start on on that turn? Because your speed is still only 30 feet, and each square is 5 feet. If you started on the top of the stairs, at G10, then the closest you can get to K15 is actually J13, and I don't think that's quite far enough over to be able to see him.

Shayuri

First Post
(oh, was I on the left side? lol...sorry, thought I was on the right. We sort of worked out positions belatedly... No matter though. I can get to M10 in 30', and that's still far enough to see him.)

Thateous

Explorer
Lyn saw no reason to run anymore. The area was too small to afford him any reprieve from the assault. He strings his bow and attempts to get at least one shot off before his brain is turned into mashed potatoes. He fired off a clean shot and moved up to the young girl dropping his bow and drawing his swords. He smiled at her. Up close she almost looked like a normal girl... almost.

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

Shayuri

First Post
As Lyn drew back his arrow and focused on his intent to maim Alpha, a hideous buzz began shaking in his mind. A hissing whisper, a series of bizarre images culled from his own darkest imaginings...or perhaps something even stranger. But an archer's focus was his weapon, far more than even his bow. He shut out the strange mental static and let fly!

And his aim was true!

The arrow took her low on the left shoulder...perhaps just inches from her heart...and sank deep.

Immediately, the alien grip on his brain tightened, as if in response to the pain. Lyn could feel his own flesh pierced, his own blood flowing. He could feel the agony he shared with the creature before him being twisted, turned, held up to a light...each time it was 'remembered,' he felt it anew; a fresh cascade of torments.

(Psychic Backlash as Reaction for 2psi. You had disadvantage, but hit anyway, so you take (2d10+2)[19] psychic damage)

I understand now.

Alpha let out a gasp, and reached feebly up to grip the shaft that still stuck out from her body. The damage was severe. She wasn't sure if she could stay strong enough to keep going much longer.

Her mind lashed out again, striking at the bright light of her opponent's thoughts in an attempt to snuff them out!

(Psionic Blast for 3psi! (3d8+2)[17])

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...er-Tournament-style-play/page13#ixzz4ck8nz85U

tglassy

Adventurer
The Game Master seems...perturbed, though the crowd roars to life. They seem to enjoy this spectacle of this little girl defeating large men. But the Game Master isn't so sure about her...

But he calls it as the life goes out of the other combatant. Alpha will move forward.

OOC: She gets a level up to level 4, and an additional 200 gp. People are beginning to notice her...

Remove ads