• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GM Issues..

Zoric

First Post
Thanks for all the comments and advice guys, I'm going to stick it out for a little while longer. Our next campaign is going to start with a session devoted to everyone sitting down and talking about what they want to do with the story as a group. We'll see how that goes, and if it actually ends up sticking. I hope it does.

roguerouge

First Post
Ask to do a side plot with each of you doing minor characters. It might refresh him to get out of the major plot lines and you all to get outside of the characterizations which have become warped in response to bad dynamics. Both sides need to change here, but I don't think you need to ditch the story.

Trust me, this can work. I've seen it happen in two campaigns.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Quit.

Life is too short for crappy games.

Then run your own game, and do it right. Invite the same players; play on a different day. Invite the other GM, even, if you feel like it.....but don't feel obligated.
This, I suspect GM burnout and by running an alternative game on a different night with the same group you would be giving him an opportnity to wind down and recharge.

Remove ads