• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gnomes vs. Halflings - Demihuman genocide!

Gnomes vs. Halflings!

• Gnomes!

Votes: 89 42.6%
  • Halflings!

Votes: 120 57.4%

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Shade said:
Gnomes all the way. Rock, forest, tinker, garden, lawn, underpants...their impact on the world around them is strong.

and don't forget smurf, borrower, brownie, wee men, nomes, menehune, carpet people etc etc etc

now Gnomes should be shorter (no taller than 2 feet IMC) and clearly distingusihed as the Mortal Fae they truely are (becuase being fae explains everything about them), then we would be talking about seriously real gnomes

and definately not a group of sociopathic wannabe-but-too-short-to-be-human refugees exiled from the Shire because seriously no body wanted them around (a fact extracted from the secret history of the Hobs).

and seriously what is the Halfling niche other than to be midget humans (um no disrespect intended to any real human midgets that might be reading)...

Last edited:

Templetroll

Explorer
Hmm, what kind of fish would that be, then? if it is a fish with small scales then it could be quite pleasant, getting batted by the thing, all nice and cool. Just the thing on a hot summer day.

This was tried before, in Birthright. No gnomes as a PC race. I think there was one reference to the race, as a random monster encounter. You see how well it worked out for Birthritght, eh?

Templetroll

Explorer
Mokona said:
Older versions = Hobbits (Halflings) > Gnomes :heh:

Dungeons & Dragons v.3.5 = Gnomes are on par with Halflings because scrawny, shrunken, kenderlike gypsies are silly :mad:

You're right. Gnomes were tinkered, now are neo-techs, Dwarfs were Gullied and now don't sell novels and Halflings were kendered and now gypsied. Methinks they have something against the smaller PCs. Damn sizists!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Templetroll said:
Hmm, what kind of fish would that be, then? if it is a fish with small scales then it could be quite pleasant, getting batted by the thing, all nice and cool. Just the thing on a hot summer day.
Well, the flounder is gone, so let's see ... I have a nine-pound three-week-old catfish. That'll be ... refreshing. :]

JoeyD473

Adventurer
Halflings are Hobbits, just can't be called that because of copyrights. Like guess who Grummesh the One Eye is???

But Gnomes are cooler. They're the best artificers around. So if one race has to go, then the halflings need to die.

:::prepares the frodo exterminator::::

Mycanid

First Post
Well, I voted to toss out the gnomes primarily because I do not like how Wotc portrays them. I preferred the 1e image. Curiously this holds true with the halfling as well, but I dislike the 3.5 gnomes more. :(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads