D&D 5E Go Go Gadget Arm! Eberron Preview

WotC just shared this Arcane Propulsion Arm! It functions as a 1d8-dmaage magic melee weapon which you can throw (don't worry, it flies back and reattaches).

WotC just shared this Arcane Propulsion Arm! It functions as a 1d8-dmaage magic melee weapon which you can throw (don't worry, it flies back and reattaches).

A495C7DA-0EB8-4086-A0E9-7BB005BE3943.jpeg

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
So after misty step and summonable warlock blade this is another item where a dm can never disarm / bind / lock up PCs using mundane means.

Don't forget Weapon Bonds from EK, or those pesky Monks walking around with their hands and feet as weapons!

As to the binding/locking up, 3.5 had Benign Transposition as a 1st level Verbal only spell. Baleful Transposition as a 2nd Level Verbal only, and within Eberron Dimensional Leap as a 10'/CL teleportation Verbal only at 1st level... so this has been around for about 15 years at lower levels now. It's always been around with Dimension Door, so it's not new to misty step

what if someone casts regeneration on the player? Does it need a save? What if player fails it?

I would say that part of the regeneration would fail unless you unattuned the arm personally.

Regenerate is a 1 min casting time so you can't use it as a combat spell to 'disarm' your opponent, otherwise, I'd allow that under the rule of cool!

Von Ether

Legend
I suppose. I'd actually forgotten about the lingering injuries option, to be honest.

Plot and character makes sense, of course, but given the abstract nature of D&D's entire system, I don't see many one-armed characters currently sitting around waiting for a prosthetic.

And even within Eberron, it would be an interesting choice to deny magical healing for the chance at a prosthetic. I mean, characters do what characters do, but it seems an odd thing to desire given the other options generally available.

In the Expanse, younger Belters damaged in accidents refuse fancy bio-grown arms so they show off their robo arm as "street cred." Culture can be a crazy thing.

Remove ads

Remove ads