Gold!!!!!

Gellion

First Post
What is the largest amount of gold your group has ever turned down? When i say turned down, i mean somebody as offering it to them to do something easy, basically free gold. Last session our group turned down five million gold. I am too lazy to say what it was for, but it would have been detrimental to a good friend of our characters.

And it has nothing to do with assasination.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
My groups haven't not so much turned down as give away. I've seen them give away over 95% of the treasure they earn from and adventure or as a reward. They would give away magical items and keep very little to themselves.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Gellion said:
When i say turned down, i mean somebody as offering it to them to do something easy, basically free gold.

Nothing is ever easy.

Players know that there's supposed to be a story and conflict in there somewhere, so they know it's never easy.

Even without that, the characters know nothing of value is ever easy. If it were easy, they wouldn't have to offer exorbitant sums to get it done. If it were easy, they'd offer a paltry sum.

So, nobody with any sense ever takes "free gold". Perhaps if you had a Wisdom of 4, you might take what looked like a great bargain, but otherwise, it ain't gonna happen :)

Gellion

First Post
Umbran said:
So, nobody with any sense ever takes "free gold". Perhaps if you had a Wisdom of 4, you might take what looked like a great bargain, but otherwise, it ain't gonna happen :)

My wis score must be much higher than i though it was. :)

Storminator

First Post
Crothian said:
My groups haven't not so much turned down as give away. I've seen them give away over 95% of the treasure they earn from and adventure or as a reward. They would give away magical items and keep very little to themselves.

I have a group in a PBeM that gave away everything they found, more or less. Now they're basically penniless, but they are heroes!

PS

Trainz

Explorer
Oh man...

IMC, money is power. Power to buy wands, better magical gear...

They would have done almost ANYTHING to get their hands on 5 million GP's.

5 million means that you have plushfive versions of EVERYTHING.

Man.

Remove ads