• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Golems and other

Winternight

First Post
Why are Golems so fething expensive to build? And why do I have to be a spell caster of level 14th at least?

Name Cost casterlvl CR
Flesh 50.000 14 7
Clay 60.000 16 10
Stone 80.000 16 11
Iron 100.000 16 13

That means I have to spend a quarter of my money as a 16th level caster to create a CR 10 guardian, which will last aggainst my comrades a bout 12 seconds.
Why should anyone create such a thing? ( Don`t talking about the time - 2! Month of hard work.)

Damm. All Formating is lost. OT Question: How can I use tabs in the board. SPace does not work :-(

Last edited:

Magic Slim

First Post
nm. Nothing to see here.

I have no answers for any of your questions.

Or maybe a small one: Maybe golems are made for protecting your stuff from low-level creatures...

Slim

Last edited:

welby

First Post
Totally agree winterninght. I toyed around the idea of a "golem leadership" feat that would work similar to leadership, but with a golem. Maybe your DM would let you play around with that idea.

In my pursuit of a golem, I thought shield guardians were a pretty decent deal, although my final product will be more of a hybrid if I end up building one.

The Souljourner

First Post
Nimblewrights, my friend, nimblewrights. They're intelligent, with great combat and non-combat abilities, and only cost 25k to create.

-The Souljourner

Last edited:

Remove ads