• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gomez's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game: OOC

Narfellus

First Post
Masks!

Greetings folks! I found this thread, and it so happens i started a Masks campaign last week for a hybrid d20/classic game. We have 4 dedicated players and me, and they got as far as investigating the Ju Ju House after our first foray. Jackson Elias's death really freaked them out, but they were armed and dangerous and plugged the first intruder they saw. The other cultists escaped into the idling car. This is very interesting to see how the exact same game is run IC as compared to pen and paper. Masks offers a huge amount of complex clues, red herrings, twists and surprises. It IS the best adventure i've ever read for any game system. You guys are in for a treat, and it seems that Gomez is running it very well. I've noticed that you inject much more slow and deliberate detail (which is mandatory given the medium) whereas i craft scenarios with music, miniatures and visual aids (and yeah, a little description thrown in!) I'll keep an eye out on this thread, i'm sure to glean some good ideas from it. And don't worry, i won't spoil any surprises, although the adventure will take you easily a year to go through everything. It is truly a monster...

cheers,

narfellus

yangnome

First Post
It seems that our GM is missing. Has the research he has conducted for the game finally driven him mad? Has he slipped and lost teh last grasp he had on his sanity? Perhaps the cults have tracked him down and killed him, or maybe he ran off and joined a cult. Worse yet, perhaps something ate him...

Vendetta

First Post
Jack slipped Cthulhu a fifth of moonshine and the old bean just passed out. He'll wake up soon enough and things will get back to scary once again... I hope.

Last edited:

Remove ads