Good 8, Evil 9 - Evil wins the Exhibition!

Gansk

Explorer
Infiniti2000 said:
Evil's also envious that it has no creatures with buffing capabilities. I think the CR on good creatures is underrated.

The evil army is worried about a couple of useless buffs! :lol:

Greybar

No Trouble at All
OOC: Re: Buffs - I think this variant of the arena has shown what the prep time can mean for a creature, though most of Hurrycane's endurance has come from straight powers (often Su powers at that)

Top of 81:
Hurrycane remains hidden and the evil krew does its own thing.
Evil:
[sblock]
Brian doesn't need to touch John, since Unholy Aura is a burst. "A burst spell affects whatever it catches in its area, even including creatures that you can’t see." However, John's SR repels the magic, while the other three are affected.
[/sblock]

Bottom of 81:
Good stays hidden
[sblock]
Still nauseated
[/sblock]

Top of 82 for Evil!

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Infiniti:
[sblock]
Thanks for mentioned it, I only thought of Brian, but George also passes through it... fails his SR check, and takes 19-10 = 9 points of damage to drop to 135 hp.
[/sblock]

Infiniti2000

First Post
Tournament Rules Question: There hasn't been any damage since round 78. There's a draw imminent, but Brian has been in the VZ for 3 rounds. Brian can choose to negate the draw, correct? And then another draw will not be imminent for another 5 rounds, right? Brian doesn't want a draw and will take steps to avoid it, so his action will depend on his understanding of the rules of contest.

Gansk

Explorer
Yes, Brian has the right to refuse the draw, but the draw condition does not reset. Brian must remain in the VZ to continue refusing the draw each round as long as neither combatant has not taken damage.

Infiniti2000

First Post
But if Hurrycane returns, can Brian still refuse the draw? I had though previously that damage must be done every 5 rounds, thus why LG would damage itself, but I'm not sure anymore. Basically, Brian doesn't want a draw and suspects that Hurrycane will pop back up and try to force one. If necessary, Brian will cause damage to himself.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Yes, self-inflicted damage may be necessary - as has been done in a couple arenas I've noticed. Do you need more info that I might have missed to continue with Evil in Top of 82?

Gansk

Explorer
As long as Brian remains in the VZ, Hurrycane cannot force a draw. If Brian leaves the VZ, then the normal draw rulles apply. If no damage has been done in five (or more) rounds, then the draw occurs under the normal draw rules. If Brian is in the VZ, then he is asked whether he accepts the draw or not. Every half-round that the draw condition is valid, Brian is asked whether he accepts. The draw condition will reset if damage is done, allowing Brian to leave the VZ temporarily, but then he must stay in the VZ for three consecutive rounds again to regain the right of refusal.

Remove ads