Good 8, Evil 9 - Evil wins the Exhibition!

Gansk

Explorer
Lothir enters from the east at 110N.

Greybar:[sblock]Rentacop casts divine favor last round and divine power this round.[/sblock]

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Bottom of 89:
Lothir cruises down to snuggle up right next to Brian. Along the way he casts a spell that Paul recognizes (and presumably telepathically relays) as Protection from Evil. Brian lashes out to trip Lothir as he glides in, but nearly falls over himself instead (natural 1).

Top of 90:
Brian's multicolored aura explodes in dazzling light. Lothir is confronted by images of his fears, but shakes them off. (How likely is it that a Colossal Paragon Cane Toad of Legend would really swallow him whole, anyway?)

Evil's turn in 90!

(Evil: just to make sure I wasn't off on George's location, please confirm all positions even if they don't move. Thanks.)

Good:
[sblock]
I have these buffs for Rentacop to confirm:
see invisibility (r84), mage armor (r85), expeditious retreat (r86), divine favor (r88), divine power (r89)
[/sblock]

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: Lothir has a 15ft-reach weapon, maybe a tail slap, right? Does he take the attack of opportunity? Anyway, continuing . . .

"Ringo, flank him at 110n70e."

Ringo greater teleports to 110n70e. The protection from evil doesn't stop flanking.
Paul greater teleports to 90n30e.
George, at 70n55e, hits Lothir with an unholy blight.

(The smite actually triggers now, sorry about that, but still no effect.)

Brian steps to 100n45e and unloads a full attack on the wee dragon, putting the help on flanking into power attack (+2). Yeah, Brian unpredictably decided not to bull rush. Chaotic demons are like that, though.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Gansk or PJSlavner (GM types)

Can you give me an opinon on AoOs against attacks that are out of range. My "realism" head says that Lothir should be able to take the AoO against Brian, since Brian has to extend some body part to try to trip Lothir, and that's what he can slash at without caring about range. But my "game mechanic" head says "what about a longspear, just 'cause I trip with you with a longspear doesn't mean you can AoO me over here with your dagger." Then I get into "okay, so I can't AoO you, can I sunder that longspear?" and it all goes downhill from there...

PJSlavner

Explorer
The rules say that one does not get an AoO against a foe with reach. It seems that one should be able to sunder a weapon or body part that allows sunder attempts (like some tentacles), but that is not how the rules are written.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Top of 90:
George's Unholy Blight penetrates SR, but Lothir makes his save, taking (24/2 = 12 hps)
Brian smashes at Lothir, hitting with his bite and both claws (worst hit 34), for (16-7 + 8-7 + 7-7 = 10 hp).
Lothir is at 91 hp.

Evil and GMs:
[sblock]
Brian's last unholy aura layer will be gone next round by my count.

Okay - I'm feeling stupid here, but I can't figure out what the duration of a demon's "Summon Demon (su)" ability is.
[/sblock]

Good's turn in the bottom of Round 90!

Infiniti2000

First Post
Not Gansk: [sblock] I wasn't even tracking durations, but thanks for the heads up. :)

Summoning lasts 1 hour: "Summoned creatures automatically return whence they came after 1 hour."[/sblock]

Gansk

Explorer
Lothir will breathe cold on Brian, Paul, & George.

[sblock]Rentacop's buffs look good. He will wait three rounds, then cast greater invisibility.[/sblock]

Infiniti2000

First Post
After the cool breeze, Ringo, at 110n70e will concentrate defensively and hit Lothir with a chaos hammer.

Paul (at 90n30e) will hit Lothir with an unholy blight.

George (at 70n55e) will hit Lothir with chaos hammer (unless it was effective already, then use unholy blight).

Brian will up the power attack to +3 and continue with the full attack.

Remove ads