• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good 8, Evil 9 - Evil wins the Exhibition!

Greybar

No Trouble at All
(Note: I'm being consistent with my earlier method, which was odd to many people, and rolling the damage for each target separately, just to forestall the obvious question.)

Bottom of 90:
All three demons fail their saves!
Brian takes (52-10) 42 hp, and is reduced to 133 hp
Paul takes (57-10) 47 hp, and is reduced to 104 hp
George takes (39-10) 29 hp, and is reduced to 107 hp

Lothir
[sblock]
Can breathe again in round 92
[/sblock]

Top of 91:
Ringo concentrates and casts, penetrates SR, but Lothir makes his SV for (17/2) 8 hp.
Paul penetrates SR, but Lothir makes his SV for (14/2) 7 hp
George penetrates SR, but Lothir makes his SV for (29/2) 14 hp
(lowest roll of all SVs was a 20)
Lothir has 62 hp after all the magical attacks

Brian misses both claws (best roll 28), but hits Lothir in the franistan with the bite for (20+16-7) 29 hp.
Lothir has 33 hp left.

Brian's dark malevolent aura fades away.
Evil
[sblock]
Just as a reminder, Brian is still shaken by Lothir's presence.
[/sblock]

Bottom of 91 for Good!

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Bottom of 91:

Lothir makes good, landing a bite, both claws, one wing, and the tail slap! However, Brian's evil-reinforced body repels much of the dragon's hurting power. (13-10 + 13-10 + 9-All + 12-10 + 15-5 = 13 hp) Brian is now at 120 hp.

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: Brian's last bite damage doesn't make sense. 2d8+10 twice is 20+16? I guess the 20 could be the + damage, but it's unconventional. Did you perhaps forget +3 PA?

Ringo will concentrate defensively and hit Lothir with a chaos hammer.
Paul will hit Lothir with an unholy blight.
George will hit Lothir with chaos hammer (unless it was effective already, then use unholy blight).

Brian will concentrate defensively and try to give everyone an unholy aura.

If, at any point, Lothir is knock down (but not outright killed), the demons will take different actions.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Top of 92:
OOC: The way my spreadsheet works, I get the crit as two rolls - so 2d8+10 = 20 + 2d8+10 = 16, rather than 4d8+20.

Ringo concentrates, but just fails to penetrate SR (roll 19)
Paul just penetrates SR (roll 20), but Lothir makes his SV for (20/2 = 10hp)
George penetrates SR easily, but Lothir makes his SV, but still suffers (29/2 = 14 hp)
Lothir has 9 hp remaining.

Brian easily concentrates (nat 20!) and malevolent auras spin outward. Ringo's SR sheds the aura right back off though, so only Brian, Paul, and George are so enshrouded.

Bottom of 92 for Good!

Gansk

Explorer
Lothir's damage seemed pretty wimpy for a power attack +5. Was that included last round?

Lothir will breathe one last time, cold heightened +4 at everyone except Ringo.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
OOC: Just to make sure I didn't miss anything - the wing/claw get +3 from Str, +5 from PA. The '9' represents a sad roll of '1' on the 1d8. In fact, there seem to have been a lot of natural 1s on those damage rolls, but I can't see anything wrong with the spreadsheet. On rerolls I tend to see more misses but higher individual damages. Average damage from 10 rerolls is 11.6 dmg per full attack at that PA and AC (not calculating crits).

Bottom of 92:
Lothir breathes and Brian manage to dodge the worst of it, while George and Paul get blasted. Brian takes (47/2 = 23 - 10 = 13 hp, down to 97 hp). George takes (48 -10 = 38 hp, down to 69). Paul apparently tried to stand directly in Lothir's mouth (67-10 = 57 hp, down to 47) and survives the massive damage check.

Lothir
[sblock]
Lothir can breath again on round 99
[/sblock]

OOC: This is one where that individual damage roll was interesting - two dead average rolls and one whopper.

Evil's turn at the top of 93!

Infiniti2000

First Post
Ringo will move away to 90n80e, provoking an AoO. He will then hit Lothir with an unholy blight.

[sblock] Should Lothir decide to trip him as the AoO, and does so successfully, then Ringo will greater teleport to 90n80e. If Lothir's AoO provokes an AoO (like the trip), you'll have to decide whether that breaks the protection from evil or whether Ringo's follow-up AoO (normal bite) will have to go through an SR check vs. the protection from evil. [/sblock] Should Lothir survive that, then Paul (at 90n30e) and George (at 70n55e) will follow it up with more. Though, if Lothir drops (not killed), they will take other actions.

Brian's action depends on the results.

Remove ads