• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good 8, Evil 9 - Evil wins the Exhibition!

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Round 6.5:
Jin keeps his eyes averted, but only makes contact with a bite and a claw, doing (20-10, 19-10 = 19 pts of damage). Stonemaker now has 133 hp.

Round 7:
Stonemaker easily bites Jin again for 19 hp of damage of his own. Jin now has 79 hp.

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: Jin's claw is still glowing, so it should have done a little extra damage.

Full attack, a little less wildly with full aversion.

[sblock]Tone it down to +8 PA.[/sblock]

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Whoops: "You can use this melee touch attack up to one time per level." That's an extra 2 pt of damage, but Stonemaker shrugs off the Fort SV again with ease. (131 hp)

Round 7.5:
I2K gets his wish. Jin accidentally stares straight into Stonemaker's eyes, but defiantly refuses to turn into a draconic statue. Emboldened by his continued life, he hits with everything except one wing, including two potential criticals (neither of which pan out), for 12+2+7+1+3 = 25 plus 5+1=6 from the glowing touch (neither of which get past Stonemaker's hearty fortitude). The glow disappears from one claw. Stonemaker now has 100 hp.

Round 8:
Stonemaker, ever resolute, bites Jin again for another 14 hp. Jin has 65 hp.

Infiniti2000

First Post
I have Stonemaker at 104hp. Breakdown by rounds: [sblock] 189 Start
-14 breath (R2)
-13 breath (R4)
-12 tail AoO (R5)
-2 tail, all other attacks not doing damage or missing (R5)
-19 bite/claw presumably with heavy PA (R6)
-25 everything but wing, presumably with less PA (R7) [/sblock]

PJSlavner

Explorer
Greybar[sblock]I cannot figure out how a tail slap could inflict 12 points of damage. It is too little damage if you forgot about the DR or if it was a critical hit, but it is too much damage if you remembered the DR.[/sblock]

Greybar

No Trouble at All
OOC: Boy, I don't know where the 147 came from. 116 is indeed the correct number, and if you had asked me away from the board what his hp was, that's what I would have said. The chill touch was 6+2+8 damage. [Edit: Ah, the 147 came from adding 16 to Stonemaker's hp prior to the attack round]

PJSlavner
[sblock]
Hmm the tail slap gets 1.5xStr on a 29Str (+8 dmg -> +12 dmg), plus d8 gives us a base of 13 to 20. It does appear right in a blind gap, doesn't it. And yet it appears twice in that round - the AoO before PA and was part of the full attack. Neither was a critical, because I would have called that out. I'm pretty sure that the "solid blow" description was an '8' on the d8, but I haven't kept records of all of the rolls thru the history. I'd bet that I didn't apply DR to the AoO attack.
[/sblock]

Folks, I'm going to hold this until I can dig out what's wrong with some of the numbers, as raised by PJSlavner. Feel free to read his sblock and mine on that. I'm using an Excel sheet I was building as I went and I think that the build-it-as-I-go is part of the problem.

Last edited:

Remove ads