• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good 8, Evil 9 - Evil wins the Exhibition!

Infiniti2000

First Post
Brian takes a 5ft-step to 90n55e and then a full attack on Rentacop with +5 PA.

Ringo , Paul, and George will then continue with chaos hammers then unholy blights until they have an effect. (Thus, from 1 to 3 chaos hammers followed by 0 to 2 unholy blights.) (Paul moves to 60n65e.)

Greybar

No Trouble at All
OOC: I'm going to try to be more explicit going forward about rolls to help people see what's happening and catch any mistakes I make.

Top of 95:
Brian gets three hits (24,29,19) for (19+9+9 = 37 hp)
Ringo's Chaos Hammer - fails SV (16) for 22 points and slowed.
Paul's Unholy Blight - fails SV (12, nat '1') for 26 points and sickened.
Oh, and being dead too, as Rentcop drops to -10.

At the moment of death, Rentacop was:
dazed, nauseated, sicked, slowed, and weakened - as well as having all but one of his buffs stripped off. This reminds me of a MUCK I used to play with a very affliction-heavy combat system...

George gets to twiddle his stinky, toad-like thumbs.

Next!

Good:
[sblock]
K-Pax has the one round where Rentacop was dazed to get actions in, particularly since it was probably pretty obvious which was the fight was going...
[/sblock]

PJSlavner

Explorer
Greybar said:
At the moment of death, Rentacop was:
dazed, nauseated, sicked, slowed, and weakened - as well as having all but one of his buffs stripped off.
At least he was not fatigued. :D His name should have been Rentaflop.

Last edited:

Gansk

Explorer
Evil's been in control for so long, I forgot who's on deck for them. A red dragon?

K-Pax appears at 105N50E, with white aura-type stuff surrounding him. He tries to touch Brian.

[sblock]Last round - cast dispel evil. This round - teleport in, raise the protective aura, defensively cast plane shift and touch Brian, requiring him to make saves against both spells. On deck will be a celestial charger, who will cast protection from fire if a red dragon is next for evil. Otherwise the buff is TBD.[/sblock]

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Bottom of 95:
K-Pax appears, covered in a shimmery white aura. He defensively casts what Brian recognizes as plane shift, then reaches out and tags Brian, discharging both the aura and the held spell. The aura (dispel evil) fails to penetrate SR (roll of 15) and disappears. The plane shift penetrates SR (roll of 30), but Brian exactly makes his SV (roll of 22 - this includes the penalty for *still* being shaken from facing Lothir and the bonus of the unholy aura).

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: That still counts as a melee attack, right? Although I doubt K-Pax (is he eating a banana?) would fail the save, he could become weakened from the unholy aura.

George is feeling a little rambunctious and walks over to 90n45e and bites K-Pax. If George gets hedged out, he curses and uses a blasphemy instead.

Brian will take a full attack with power attack +3.

Ringo will stay put at 90n80e and hit George with an unholy blight.

Paul will walk over to 70n40e and hit George with a blasphemy if George's was unsuccessful, or a chaos hammer if it wasn't.

OOC: Note that I'm honestly trying not to metagame alignments here, so I don't know how you'll decide if the chaos hammer works. I know most of these creature's alignments so I know that K-Pax could be any good. I suggest you randomly roll 1d3 where 1=Lawful or whatever.

A red dragon is indeed on deck. I forget which one, though. In fact, I can't find my list of monsters. Who's on deck for Good?

Greybar

No Trouble at All
1: Good point. The unholy aura's negative effects fail to penetrate K-Pax's SR (roll was a measly 15).

2: Turns out that K-Pax is... Lawful Good! Congrats K-Pax.

3: K-Pax's protective aura against George is even more pitiful than Brian's unholy aura (roll was a 14!)

George's bit threatens a crit (roll of 34), but fails to confirm (roll of 25) for 8 pts of damage. K-Pax now has 94 hp.

All three of Brian's attacks fail to find purchase (rolls of 18,20,31), but then his bite was so bad he bit his own lip.

Ringo's unholy blight fails to penetrate SR (roll of 29)

Paul's blasphemy fails to penetrate SR (roll of 24)

K-Pax is not affected by George's stench (roll of 31)

whew... gotta run, will check back, I think I got everything...

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
"Rassafrassin' high SR goody-two-shoes . . ."

OOC: Seriously, though, why are Good creatures given such a humongous SR? It must be SR 30 at least and at this CR, that's crazy!

[sblock] Any AoO will be a trip by George (first) and a normal attack by Brian (though still PA +3 of course) if the trip was successful, or another trip by Brian if it wasn't. [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads