• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good Eberron novels?

Eryndur

Explorer
I've recently fallen in love with Eberron, and I'm running a PbP in the setting, so I'm kind of jonesing for a decent Eberron novel.

I'm thirty-one years old, and grew up with TSR novels, but can only tolerate Dragonlance Chronicles and Legends now. Almost all the rest of those books are unreadable now that I've grown up and have a good handle on what constitutes decent literature. In your opinion, are there any Eberron books that are actually well written?

Klaus

First Post
Don Bassingwaithe's "The Dragon Below" trilogy (The Binding Stone, The Grieving Tree, The Killing Song) is very good.

Keith Baker's "The Dreaming Dark" trilogy (City of Towers, Shattered Land, Gates of Night) is also good, but tends to lose focus in the second and third books. The first one is very good, and a must-read for anyone playing in Eberron.

James Wyatt's "In The Claws of The Tiger" is a very good look at how an adventuring party works.

These are the only ones I can recommend.

Glyfair

Explorer
In addition to Klaus' list, I highly recommend Night of the Long Shadows, the second book of the Inquisitives series. The series is only tied together by theme, not plot, so you don't need the first to read this book. Great characters.

BadMojo

First Post
Klaus said:
Don Bassingwaithe's "The Dragon Below" trilogy (The Binding Stone, The Grieving Tree, The Killing Song) is very good.

Keith Baker's "The Dreaming Dark" trilogy (City of Towers, Shattered Land, Gates of Night) is also good, but tends to lose focus in the second and third books. The first one is very good, and a must-read for anyone playing in Eberron.

Seconded for both of those suggestions. I really liked "The Dragon Below" but haven't started the next book yet.

I did read the entire Dreaming Dark trilogy and enjoyed it as well. I liked City of Towers and Shattered Land more than Gates of Night but all three were very good.

Both series take place in very different parts of Eberron's world, which is nice. You don't want *every* Eberron book to take place in Sharn.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads