• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Good Introductory 5E Adventure?

Galendril

Explorer
What did you do about the naga at the end? Just straight up use the 5e stats?

I'm doing a mashup. Combining N1 with U1 and a couple other one-off's. So, by the time the players head to the naga's lair, all seven of them will be 3rd level. It will be tough, but they should be able to handle it. There won't be a Ramne there to use as a crutch either.

guachi

Hero
Hate to sound like I'm stealing from you but I was thinking along the same lines.

At the end of N1, I think I'm going to have an NPC tell a player either "Your cousin Pyotr disappeared from his home in Saltmarsh!" - where he was taken by the smugglers and now is forced to work on their ship! Or I'll tell the Water Elf PC (close enough to the aquatic elf in the module) "Your cousin/friend was seen in Saltmarsh asking around and then vanished!" And then have it be exactly like what happened in the module. Everyone has some cousin that can get in trouble, right?

I mean, U1 gives the characters a ship! How awesome is that?

Werebat

Explorer
Hey everyone, thanks for the advice. I just picked up the introductory set from Amazon for about twelve bucks, and plan to run Phandelver with my group in the near future.

I've already downloaded the pdf via -- ahem -- the internet, and have been skimming through it. I have a question.

I thought the "caravan guards" hook at the start was pretty weak, and was hoping to provide a little more for the intro depending on what the players created. As it turns out, one of them has said they want to play a dwarf who is a merchant, and a bit on the greedy side.

I was wondering about having a pre-existing connection between this PC and the dwarf the players start with. How close of a connection would be safe? If they were full partners, and the PC knew some of the secrets the other dwarves knew about the lost mine, would that give too much away? This is a player I can trust to have their character keep secrets.

What do people think?

guachi

Hero
The pregen characters have good plot hooks. Why not see if your players either want to play the pregens or would be willing to take some of the plot hooks from their character sheets?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads