• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good Musical Keyboard?

paulsometimes

First Post
This is a question for any of the musicians on here. What's a good keyboard for around $500? I'm wanting to get one for a friend for their birthday, but I don't want to accidentally get them something that basically is junk. Thanks.

Joël of the FoS

First Post
I play electric guit and I know next to nothing of keyboards.

However, from what little I know, 500$ should get you something good. I suggest you go in a big music store where pros buy, and ask them.

Also, I suppose there are different types of keyboards according to what you want to play - know his music style before going to the store.

Joël

Aeolius

Adventurer
for around $495, how about one of THESE :
top_L.jpg

I'm not being mean, I am trying to help but... $500 will get you a great toy keyboard from Wal-Mart. Anything that is a real instrument is going to set you back some real change.
If you are near a pro-style shop ask for help, if they have a keyboard already, the smart choice maybe to purchase an expansion module or a rack mounted tone generator for them. Otherwise, Aeolius is on the right track. Music software (the good stuff mind you) would be a great gift.

Hope this helps. If you need further specific help - email me, a real answer might take some time to get a good answer for you.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Another relatively new keyboard add-on is a wireless MIDI (WIDI) interface, allowing one to do away with the mass of thick cables associated with MIDI set-ups. It would also come in handy with the aforementioned Roland keytar I linked to above.

Remove ads