• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good Shaman class?

Gruns

Explorer
Hey all.
I'm looking to create a tribalistic kind of shaman. Probably Half-Orc as it fits my character concept. Think Everquest Shaman type of role: Major emphasis on debuffing, moderate buffs, minor healing. Melee isn't out of the question.
Anyway, the Spirit Shaman from Complete Divine just isn't doing it for me. The whole spirit thing just seems too far out there (and useless) to me. Druid is just about right, but Wild Shape, which is of course a major boon of the class, simply doesn't fit my concept. I could always just be a druid that never Wild Shapes, but I feel like I'd be cheating myself. There's always plain Cleric with Plant + Animal domain, but that doesn't feel right either. A little too structured.
Surely there's a good variant around that is somewhat of a blend of all 3 of those. Perhaps a non-shapeshifting Druid variant that gets something else in exchange. Thanks for the replies.

Gruns

Aus_Snow

First Post
Unearthed Arcana might give you something usable:

. . . like this

perhaps?

Just something that looked plausible at the time. I'm not familiar with the EQ Shaman though, so I might be way off here.

Baby Samurai

Banned
Banned
From UA:

Druid
The druid might choose to give up her wild shape ability in exchange for becoming a swift and deadly hunter.

Gain
Bonus to Armor Class when unarmored (as monk, including Wisdom bonus to AC), fast movement (as monk), favored enemy (as ranger), swift tracker (as ranger), Track feat (as ranger).

Lose
Armor and shield proficiency, wild shape (all versions).

Felix

Explorer
The Witch variant spell list in the DMG for the sorcerer class will do what you want; for your half-orc you could likely have the casting stat changed to Wis, it shouldn't make much of a difference.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads