Good vs Evil group

Trellian

Explorer
Does anyone have experience in running a good group vs an evil group simultaneously with two dms? My group are considering running one. I know that one such adventure existed, but I must have deleted it... somebody have a link maybe?

I need some advice in how easily this can be done.. communication between Dms (we are planning on doing this in the same house, two different floors)...

wolfpunk

First Post
This idea would be cheapest if you do it on a weekend, have each dm with a cell phone with a hands free unit. Basically one dm will tell the other dm what has happened in their group, the other dm can then act accordingly with his group. Neither group will be able to hear what is being said about the other group, so one dm speaking to the other dm in front of his group is not going to cause any problems.

As to running good versus evil, I myself have never dmed a mission such as that, but the idea seems rather intriguing. I would suggest that both dms sit down with each other and really plan the key events that they want to have happen. It will be much easier if both dms are running the game in the same direction.

Darklone

Triplezock

Some friends of mine did this with vampires, werewolves and mages several times on conventions...

A few important things:

- Use an adventure with a strict timeline. Plan e.g. for 10 hours (if you got that much time) and include some events and actions of NPCs at certain times. That will keep the groups from drifting too much from each other in time. (means one group finishes equiping and gathering information in 20 minutes, the other wants to buy more specific things and they talk for 90 minutes.... )

- Keep the adventure in a small area. A village with a dungeon is often used.

- Every hour 5 minutes talk between the DMs WITHOUT the players listening.

For interaction: bring the groups together. This is fun though it usually ends with one group winning a fight on the marketplace... (yeah well, ya know, players...)

An adventure I heard about:

Evil rite shall take place at midnight. Good group knows that an evil priest got some artefacts for ritual magic and search for the guy, evil group is sent by another evil guy to steal the equipment... small village, huge graveyard, most villagers possessed....

Remove ads