• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goodman Games joins the high-priced market...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
DaveMage said:
I don't think I've ever seen so many positive posts in a row on here for a product that costs so much.
It's funny; I finally just bought GOO's Game of Thrones d20. My first impression is "this book is worth more than I paid for it." My second impression was "this book is worth FAR more than I paid for it." And I'm a cheap SOB, too.

If I'm going off of Goodman's past successes, I suspect that this campaign setting will probably fall into the same category.

whydirt

First Post
Piratecat said:
It's funny; I finally just bought GOO's Game of Thrones d20. My first impression is "this book is worth more than I paid for it." My second impression was "this book is worth FAR more than I paid for it." And I'm a cheap SOB, too.

If I'm going off of Goodman's past successes, I suspect that this campaign setting will probably fall into the same category.
Not to derail the thread too much, but would you mind expanding on the things you like about Game of Thrones d20?

Captain Howdy

Explorer
I love big box sets like this. Campaign settings are always my favorite. I will probably need to read more about this before I buy it, but it looks really nice. Although I just bought Wilderlands and I'm getting Rappan Athuk Reloaded when it comes out next month, so that is going to eat up my gaming budget for a while.

Slightly off topic: I haven't run any of the DCC adventures, are there any that come highly recommended that I should pick up?

Crothian

First Post
Captain Howdy said:
Slightly off topic: I haven't run any of the DCC adventures, are there any that come highly recommended that I should pick up?

Dfferent people like different ones. I really like the Dragonfiend pact (DCC 11). It's cheap, for low level characters, and short and creative.

Wraith Form

Explorer
whydirt said:
Not to derail the thread too much, but would you mind expanding on the things you like about Game of Thrones d20?
I also bought it, based on glowing reviews from TeflonBilly & others. I walked away saying, "Meh." And it cost me a small fortune.

(guess that's why they call it disposable income... -rolls eyes- )

Turjan

Explorer
Crothian said:
Dfferent people like different ones. I really like the Dragonfiend pact (DCC 11). It's cheap, for low level characters, and short and creative.
I think I paid $2 for that one. It's definitely more than worth the entrance fee. The only other one that I have is "Aerie of the Crow God", the old 3.0 version. I liked that one, too. I don't know any of the others.

Wraith Form

Explorer
Captain Howdy said:
The Adventure Begins is so dang cool I could wet myself--a series of location-based, 1st level mini-adventures. Into the Wilds looks good enough that the adventure is the campaign starter for my group in a week. And I really liked Lost Vault of Tsathzar Rho--has a Lovecraftian flavor in a 1st level crawl!

Let's just say that Goodman Games is my new hero!

Last edited:

Turjan

Explorer
Wraith Form said:
I also bought it, based on glowing reviews from TeflonBilly & others. I walked away saying, "Meh." And it cost me a small fortune.

(guess that's why they call it disposable income... -rolls eyes- )
I also belong to the minority of people who found the book quite ugly, especially the layout. But most people seem to love it, so this doesn't mean much. I cannot say anything about the "inner values" of the product, because I put it back on the shelf.

Edit: I'm talking about the non-Deluxe version; never saw the other one.

ssampier

First Post
Not for me, but I wish them the best. Honestly. I know Necromancer Games had trouble with their similarly priced Wilderlands. It is a great set, I own it and love it. But my understanding is that broke even and they still have copies sitting in the warehouse.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads