• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goodman Games kickstartering a deluxe "collectors" hardcover of 1e Metamorphosis Alpha

Serendipity

Explorer
I didn't see another post on this subject nor is it showing on the news so here we are. If I've missed such, apologies to the moderators.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...alpha-deluxe-hardcover-collectors-ed?ref=live

A fairly steep goal IMHO but it's on it's way. For those not in the know (or just the lazy) this is a deluxe edition (hardcover and oversized) of what is generally accepted as the first SF rpg, Metamorphosis Alpha being kickstartered by Goodman Games (who brought us the DCC RPG among many other things but that's the thing I presently love them for).

The book is supposed to be the first edition rules plus all the errata that's come up over the years combined with all the extra material that has only seen light in various issues of Dragon, the Strategic Review and a few other places. There's a few adventures (DCC style apparently) in the stretch goals, among other things.

I'm a fan and it's being done by Goodman, so I'm probably in if we can scrape the cash together (we're a poor bunch, and the last Kickstarter my mate and I backed was Quantum - which left rather the horrid taste). Not six months ago I ran a pick up game where some of the mate's Pathfinder characters were dropped onto the water deck of the Warden so there's a good chance this might even get used (which has been the exception of RPG purchases over the last few years alas).

Anyone else interested?

Last edited:

You can get the original book on RPGNow for very little (and get it pro printed, I did) but I suppose it would bring a lot more money in.

JeffB

Legend
I avoid KS projects as is, But 80 bucks, especially when you consider what you get for similar $ amounts for say something like the Glorantha KS, or something from Frog God, is nuts. You can get a Lulu softcover printed copy of 1E MA with errata and an adventure for 15 bucks. Oversized= overpriced (and hey I like big print, my eyes are getting old) The value per $ on this KS seems pretty thin.

Sadly it is a PDF of the original, which I have already purchased, I was very keen on a PDF of the hardback. However a $900 car bill means I am out anyway :(

Remove ads